My boyfriend and I are on the verge of a breakup
Hi guys, thanks for taking the time to read this :)
My boyfriend and I are both 19, and we've been together a little under a year. Everything has been great so far, and I've never been happier. Even though we're still young I can honestly see myself ending up with him.
However, before my boyfriend and I met, I had a lot of sexual partners. In my eyes it was just sex, something physical.
When we started my boyfriend told me that he didn't want to know about my past, but recently he asked me questions and he said it changed the way he sees me. He said he feels like he deserves better, someone who saw sex as something special, and that he no longer feels special. I keep trying to explain to him that it's special for me because it's HIM who makes it special, and that I love him and give him everything, but he won't listen. He has also been saying hurtful things that make me question my worth. I know he's just hurt but idk what to do because it's in the past and I can't change anything. He said it would be easier to just break up, and it hurts because it feels like he doesn't love me enough and that he is just giving up on me.
He isn't even talking to me and I feel like when this quarantine ends (in 2 weeks) he will break up with me. It hurts because of all the plans we had and the future we imagined together. I really love him and don't want to lose him. I just don't know what to do.
@dls12345 hello mate
I hope you're well doing splendid the suns feeling a lot less shy so it's rays are creeping out through the clouds to offer warmth and shine.
You're really young. I'm sure this means a lot to you which I know it's good thing but you gotta focus on other things. A hundred years ago women would only be subjected to this and this alone. Expand your horizon and once you do, you might stop worrying about some boy you spent only 1/19 of your life with :)
I hope to see you on some newspaper having done something world-changing - he'll be talking to you by then.
Know your worth mate.