My boyfriend and I only are intimate once a week
Hi I’m sorry i know that’s very blunt, but this is my first thread so please bare with me! I haven’t talked to anyone about this. My boyfriend and i have been together for almost 3 years...my longest relationship. In the beginning he would say he was happy that we had more intimate times than his last relationship, which was like 6 years. I was the first person he had showered with and that made me happy we could share that! Cut to a few months into the pandemic and our sex life dwindled down to 2x a week, to once a week. It used to be more healthy, but I’m not sure how that compares to other “healthy” sex lifes to be honest. I just know something is wrong, we have also talked about it before. I was a bit buzzed one night and had the Congo to bring it up...i wish i didn’t though because that wasn’t the right time. I just said i wish we had sex more:/ i do not want him to be upset about it or feel insecure. He has reassured me it’s not because of me, it’s because of all the stress from work and the current state of the world. Lime we are stressed OUT! I get it, i sympathize. I will also admit my sexual drive is not what it was. But i also feel like we just aren’t as close to eachother as we used to be, and that scares me the most:( what should i do?
i would suggest making him feel sure that he is loved, making him confident and even being confident yourself. all that can be a huge turn on. making time to care for eachother and do even little things that can help eachother out. you’d be surprised how small acts of kindness could lead to building that sexual intimacy again. also try just cuddling and teasing, works like a charm. hope that helps ❤️