My wife is unhapppy in life
Hi,
me and wife have known each other for 6 years now and have been through some great moments together, she is the absolute love of my life and I haven’t loved anybody else ans cannot even bare thought of having a life without her in it.
however it is clear that I have failed her in so many ways and as much as I keep trying to make her happy and give her the life she deserved I keep messing up, I hate myself and am so frustrated at why just why?!?!?
firstly she lost her job during covid and has moved in with me and my parents until we can both save enough to move in to our own place, secondly she has suffered numerous health issues relating to her uterus and gone under the knife twice, she has a less than average chance of having children because of this, thirdly we have just come to a place where we can start to re build and grow and move forward from my horrendous affair, I carry the guilt and shame everyday and everyday I appreciate and cherish my wife even more and more
but to top the *** show of our whole relationship, my father in law has gone and drunkerdly said horrible things to my wife and the following day gone further to say that he meant them!
we are living under their roof and my wife knows she wants to be respectful so to bide the time until we leave
I’m torn I love my parents but so disappointed in why they said this to my wife I love my wife and just want to see her happy again it killls me knowing me and my family are the source of her unhappiness
she has had enough today and wants to leave the house and not come back
im borderline need an ambulance my breathing is laboured I’m feeling physical pain dry heaving I don’t react well to stress
I don’t know what to do :(
@mmmm88
Dear friend,
I think that it is wonderful how caring and protective you are of your wife, and that you want to make things better for her.
After all, you are in a marriage with her, and not your parents - that is the only thing that matters. Right now, it seems that she needs your support more than ever before. Just telling her that you will fight for your marriage and fight for the two of you, that you deeply love her and care about her - this holds so much power and I think that she would benefit from hearing that from you. I truly root for you that you will find a place to move, as I think that it is very common to have the issues you just described when living in a shared household with parents.
I wish you two the best of luck and sending you lots of support ❤️