Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What if your ex boyfriend from 11 years ago, come in to your life and said he still love you while he is already getting married and have a kids?

User Profile: mooikai
mooikai July 3rd, 2022

Me and my ex boy friend met when we were in the high school, we can say that it was our first love. We broke up 11 years ago because we have different religion, and different family background. Long story short, my family don't support this relationship and asked him to leave me. He left, and I was so upset back then. It hard for me to move on from him. We never talk after the breakup, he tried to call me several times but I denied. He dated another girl, and got married.


In the past 5 years, I open up my heart and being okay to communicated with him. We became friend. Last year we open up about our feeling and what really happened after we broke up. And yesterday we talk about it again and he said he still love me, and his feeling never change. I neither unloved him after this 11 years. I always looking for someone like him or expected someone to love me the way my ex did, but I never found.


But I know that me and my ex boyfriend will never be together, it will be too hard for us. And I don't want to ruin someone's marriage either.

3
User Profile: YourRedUmbrella
YourRedUmbrella July 3rd, 2022

@mooikai

I'm so sorry you have these dwelling feelings from the past, but I hope this gives you a little closure to a brighter future! I'm very glad you got to speak to them again and tell each other what you really felt all those years ago. It's very mature of you to not impose on anyone. You're so strong for that. I do very much hope that you find happiness in the near future.

User Profile: mooikai
mooikai OP July 3rd, 2022

Thank you for your support, I know it is hard but it will be okay

load more
User Profile: Eraggon
Eraggon July 14th, 2022

@mooikai

Hello mooikai! I’m Eragon, I’m a listener here on 7cups. Welcome to 7 cups!

I’m sorry to hear how your first love ended. I understand it’s really hard to get over those feelings, especially when it’s your first love. It was unfortunate how it was going so well yet your family didn’t approve and he had to leave due to that. I can completely relate to you not wanting to talk to him after that I would’ve done the same thing in your position. It takes time to really get over wounds of a lost love, and I’m really glad you took your time to process things and decided to meet him only when you thought you were ready to. It makes me really happy to see how you handled it so maturely and showed such strong character in doing so. I completely understand how it must’ve felt like a huge weight off your shoulders to get some closure after so many years of not speaking to eachother. It is hard to face an ex when you have had such strong feelings attached in the past, but you handling of the situation was exemplary and must show you how far along you’ve come, since the break up. I’m really happy to know that no love was lost between you two and glad you stayed friends. I really hope you get whatever you’re looking for in your life ahead.