Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

me and my girlfriend just broke up because of trust issues and now I need to work on my ocd

User Profile: neatPineapple2754
neatPineapple2754 May 2nd, 2022

Me and my girlfriend just broke up because I was having trust issues. She had given me no reason to distrust her. there were no signs that she was lying to me, cheating on me, or manipulating me. she even let me go through her phone and check all of her stuff.


Even with all of this stuff which should have reassured me, I kept having intrusive thoughts that consumed me. We broke up and today I found out that I have ocd. We aren't over each other and I would really like to get back together, she just wants me to work through my OCD first so that we don't get so hurt again.

2
User Profile: ouiCherie
ouiCherie May 22nd, 2022

@neatPineapple2754

Sounds like a wise decision to work on overcoming your trust issue as trust is very crucial in any relationship.

Did something in the past made you hard to trust a close person?

User Profile: PumpkabooKayla
PumpkabooKayla May 26th, 2022

That sounds like a tough situation, but you seem aware of the mistakes you made and want to improve, and she seems open to trying again in the future. Regardless of if you guys end up trying again, getting your condition under control can only benefit you in future relationships - whether with her or with someone else. Even though it’s painful, this could be a turning point for you and help you grow. Best of luck to you in improving, and please take care - breakups are always so hard to process.