Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I believe in God, yet lately I've had a hard time caring

User Profile: Phoenix520
Phoenix520 December 13th, 2023

Sorry, I don't know if we're supposed to post about our struggles on here. I've just been feeling kind of alone and I was hoping someone might have some thoughts or advice.


Recently I made a huge mistake. Committed a serious sin. There are times where I feel guilty, and then there are times that I kind of don't. It's almost like I want to be self-destructive. I feel empty and distant from God. Which is funny because I'm supposed to be in the middle of my repentance process. The repentance process that I started because I confessed! I could have lied and kept it hidden. No one would have found out. So if this is the decision I made, then why am I not making the most out of it? Every time I feel like I make any progress, it's just me fooling myself. And I get it. Satan is trying to tear me down, God loves me infinitely, etc. I'm just too tired to really care. Which I'm sure makes me a horrible person. I just don't know how to snap myself out of it.


2
December 13th, 2023

@Phoenix520 serious sin that you could have kept to yourself eh? Does your act of repentance seem inadequate or does the sin seem less serious than you actually think it is. 


What commandment did you break? Who does it hurt - or do you maybe not understand how it might cause damage?
Does the repentance “task” you’ve been given make sense - like will it bring healing or deeper understanding or prevent you from potentially repeating the sin?
User Profile: Jenna
Jenna December 20th, 2023

@Phoenix520

I'm really sorry to hear that you're going through such a difficult time. It takes a lot of courage to acknowledge and express your feelings, especially when struggling with guilt and a sense of self-destructiveness. It's important to recognize that everyone makes mistakes, and the path to forgiveness, both from yourself and from God, can be a challenging journey. It's okay to feel a range of emotions during this process, and it's not uncommon to experience moments of doubt, guilt, and exhaustion. Sharing your thoughts and feelings with someone you trust can sometimes alleviate the burden and provide a different perspective. Remember that the journey toward self-forgiveness and spiritual healing is not always linear. It's okay if you feel like progress is slow or inconsistent. Be patient and compassionate with yourself during this time. You're not alone in facing challenges. We have all in some form committed a serious sin and these sins can always be forgiven. You are welcome to message me for support if you would like.