Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A member you are chatting with is being rude and inappropriate towards you, what do you do?

User Profile: goldenLion1121
goldenLion1121 December 8th, 2022

A member you are talking with in PMs is being rude and Inappropriate towards you. How do you handle this situation? 😮😮

(Learning is so much more enjoyable when we do it all together, so tag a listener and invite them to come join us to share their opinions!)

Thank you to @sunisshingingandsoareyou and @LavenderHere for this awesome forum thread idea! ❤️

21
User Profile: Kaleidoscope11
Kaleidoscope11 May 5th, 2024

@goldenLion1121

Maintaining a calm attitude and being professional is the key.

It mostly depends on what type of inappropriateness is their comment, so I could act on it.

But generally speaking, I will address that their behaviour is disrespectful and against the platform's guidelines, inform them that if they want to go on with this chat they have to be understanding to boundaries and maintain mutual respect, redirect the chat on the main issue discussed in 1-1 chat, give warnings, and for the last resort block and report them.

If the chat left an impact on me for how difficult it is, I get to contact a PS and talk it through with them for support.

User Profile: Walkerj15
Walkerj15 November 5th, 2024

@goldenLion1121 I want to help and support you, but it's important that we maintain a respectful and constructive conversation. If you're feeling frustrated or upset, I’m happy to listen and talk things through. However, being rude or inappropriate isn’t something I can engage with. Let's keep this conversation respectful so I can continue to support you. 

User Profile: Ashly9053
Ashly9053 December 23rd, 2024

That would been an upsetting experience, on the bright side we can take few measures in making the situation better. If I was in a situation like that I would let the member know I am uncomfortable with their rude and inappropriate behavior. I would request them to be nicer with their approach. If they still don’t listen I would let them know am unable to attend further and if they still want someone to talk to they can connect with a different listener. If they continue to bother me I would report and block them.

Even if the members are rude I would still empathize and try my best to listen to them. Keeping it professional until I end the chat. ♥️


User Profile: Masa2798
Masa2798 September 10th, 2025

@goldenLion1121

سI will understand that he is going through a difficult time and continue to treat him kindly, and let him know that his behavior may be hurtful to me.