What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups
Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'
What have you done to prevent burnout today?
This can a variety of things like:
• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate
• Taking part in self-care activities
• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups
@Hope
Hi pals, how are all of you feeling today? Fun fact, did you know that we have a Care team within the Listener Journey community? Do check it out if you are interested within this link.
As I get reminded of how my physical and emotional health are correlated, I decided to introduce some changes from now on within my 7Cups schedule. From now on, I will be taking two days off a week, mostly Fridays and Saturdays. That would ensure me to distribute my energy levels wisely. I have realized that, while completing the electives for my internship when it comes to fulfilling the criteria for my internship, especially, while focusing on chat rooms. I will also have to reschedule my chats as well as the times I check in with members as well. Finally, I am planning to talk to my mentor about all of these changes so that they can support me the best.
As of my own physical and emotional care, I've been engaging myself in activities which sort of asked my own energy, which is why I am feeling somehow prone to burn out but not quite yet. Therefore, my first priority is attending my therapy session while not procrastinating it. From now on, I will focus on listening to music, singing, getting out of home for an activity I like, learning to swim or a language, for example, as well as connecting with people face-to-face who nurture my own self. Writing consists in a personal coping tool as well.
Besides, physically speaking, according to this week, I want to take a shower this week, take care of my sleeping cycle, keep on drinking water and eating three meals (done!) try some yoga and ask someone to get my nails painted. I always find this ultimate activity one of the most draining ones which my current mental state can't afford.
I will be posting this as a reminder for myself so that I can hold my accountability and see how much I managed. I wish we could have a thread to encourage ourselves and keep accountable of our needs while supporting others.
Take care everyone!
I have been going to help my sister for her work. Due to that my workout routines were messed up and also I had no time to check on courses here that I was supposed to. So today I took off from her and did my workouts earlier, had food and now I'm going through the course.
@Hope
As a global mod who is often in chat rooms, I did not log on for a few days and instead took some time off or just went on M account to share and chat with members without having that "mod" role.
@Hope
I did not log in as a Mod/ Listener and instead took some time off then went on as a M to vent and share with other members.
@Hope I took time out for myself today because my body was exhausted and I knew I would wouldn't have been my best self
@Hope
I journaled and took today off of school work
@Hope
I learned personally, a long time ago, that failing to say "no", caused me to become overwhelmed & experience burnout. I have learned to give myself plenty of self-care and take personal time breaks as needed.
I only completed the growth path today due to my recent heavy schoolwork and hoping to reach more listening hours after this weekend!
@Hope
Saying "No" and taking self-care and personal time breaks are very important.
@Hope
I have already answered this twice. 👍