Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What have you done to prevent burnout today? Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups

User Profile: Hope
Hope March 21st, 2021

Hi everyone! This is a forum post linked to the path 'Preventing Burnout at 7 Cups'

enlightenedWhat have you done to prevent burnout today?

This can a variety of things like:

• Saying no to a task because you have enough on your plate

• Taking part in self-care activities

• Taking a self-care break from 7 Cups

306
User Profile: Snowpudding
Snowpudding November 24th, 2024

@Hope spent a lot of time with my mom. I didn't focus on 7cups or school work, stayed home and had a nap. It was really nice to do these self care activities because it left me feeling happy and refreshed

User Profile: JustLikeMellie
JustLikeMellie November 27th, 2024

Today, I made a conscious effort to prioritize my well-being in several ways:

  1. I said no to a task that felt overwhelming and would have added unnecessary stress to my day. It was tough, but I reminded myself that overloading my schedule doesn’t serve anyone in the long run.

  2. I took a self-care break by stepping away from my usual responsibilities to engage in light yoga through the Fiton app. It helped me center myself and recharge.

  3. I stayed hydrated and practiced mindfulness while enjoying my morning coffee. This small ritual sets the tone for a calmer day.

  4. I scheduled my workload intentionally, ensuring I left time for a walk tomorrow and yoga on Sunday to keep a healthy balance.

Sharing here helps me stay committed, and it’s inspiring to see others striving for the same goal. How are you taking steps to prevent burnout today? Let's cheer each other on! 🌟

User Profile: JustLikeMellie
JustLikeMellie December 11th, 2024

@Hope making sure I do some self-care 💗

User Profile: HopeAura
HopeAura December 16th, 2024

@Hope I went for a walk and did some exercise and listened to songs.

User Profile: charmingPeace6655
charmingPeace6655 December 18th, 2024

@Hope

Something that I have done to prevent burnout today is doing self-care activities like journaling to write down how I have been feeling for the last few weeks.

User Profile: MarinaLexi
MarinaLexi December 21st, 2024

@Hope

1. I didn't take any new member chats. Although this is usually the day I'm on 7 Cups the most, I realised I wasn't in the right frame of mind.

2. I found a large weekly calendar that I've used to schedule my time, half my problem is I forget about things because I'm chronically overwhelmed.

3. I made myself some relaxing tea and I sat on my windowsill to enjoy the storm this morning.

4. I'm going to think of some more self-care things I can do today!

User Profile: 1BraveBunny
1BraveBunny December 27th, 2024

@Hope  I have had very intense chats the past three days with a member dealing with trauma. I want to help her, and I realize how draining it is, so I am not taking on any new member chats for now. After each of these intense chats, I am journaling, spending time outdoors, meditating, and eating healthy.

User Profile: bubblegum1234
bubblegum1234 January 4th, 2025

@Hope

To help prevent burnout, I've tried to set boundaries on how long I allow myself to listen (trying to listen for around 2 hours per session). Furthermore, I've been going on walks and drawing to help calm my mind down.  

User Profile: CharisB21
CharisB21 January 8th, 2025

@Hope                                                                                                                                               Today I focused on preventing burnout by prioritizing rest, setting boundaries and engaging in self-care activities while seeking support when needed and focusing only on essential tasks

User Profile: H4RIS
H4RIS January 11th, 2025

@Hope Today, I’ve focused on mindfulness, taking regular breaks, and setting boundaries to prevent burnout. I also made time for self-care and reflection to stay aware of my energy levels and avoid overextending myself.