Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I'm lost ....

User Profile: vegatune
vegatune September 22nd

Hi everyone

So I'm 17 years old and yesterday was my first day at university , I actually didn't chose it , you can say it came to me , I will tell you everything from the beginning:

So I graduated from high school this June and I was super happy bc I got good score and I had a plan on continuing my studies at higher education but unfortunately I didn't pass any of it , I was super shocked and like not realizing what is happening with me I cried a lot I couldn't eat , because my last chance is public university that doesn't have opportunities in my country... this days i was thinking to continue my studies abroad but it is very hard for me specially I want to continue it in the US but it is very expensive and hard since I 'm gonna study one year after high school so they will consider me as a transfer moreover I have to pass" IELTS "wich I don't have enough time for it so now I'm stuck

I feel like all the doors are closed but I'm putting my trust on God

Plsss help me with advice, information, anything?and if there is someone there that had the same experience !!!!if there is anyone from the US or other country who is familiar with application in US universities/ financial aid/rules/documents

10
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 September 26th

@vegatune

I hope someone can help with these questions 😊 💚 

rB8swl8VAnOWRpOCwTVf.gif

User Profile: flinders504
flinders504 September 27th
@vegatune

This all sounds incredibly stressful, and I really feel sorry for the weight of all this that you are carrying. I'm not exactly sure what your financial situation is, but have you considered the pathway where you apply for a community college in the US for 2 years (a lot cheaper compared to 4-year unis) then transfer credits and continue 2 more years at a normal 4-year uni? I think community colleges are a lot cheaper and could help cut costs.

About the english tests, have u checked if the unis u are applying to also accept alternative language proficiency tests like Duolingo English Test (DET) or TOEFL iBT? I believe they are cheaper and also have more flexible testing windows compared to IELTS.

Really wish you the best... uni stress is the worst honestly
User Profile: vegatune
vegatune OP September 28th

Update!!!

At the very last moment a very good uni accepted me😁😭 . I'm veryyyy happy. I'm still not believing it , it's was a big surprise, I will study there but at the same time I'll search for chances to study abroad

User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 September 28th

@vegatune


VGMlTtFm.gif

User Profile: vegatune
vegatune OP September 28th

Thank you (=^ェ^=)

load more
User Profile: flinders504
flinders504 September 28th

@vegatune
WOAHHH congrats dude!!! That's so good!!! I'm so happy for u rn

User Profile: vegatune
vegatune OP September 28th

Thank you (=^ェ^=)

load more
User Profile: flinders504
flinders504 October 1st

@vegatune
just checking in again, how's ur new uni going? did u start classes yet?

User Profile: vegatune
vegatune OP October 1st

Yah it's almost my second week and it is going well ,I'm trying to adapt. Thank you for checking btw 😊

load more
load more
User Profile: WhimsicalRose1769
WhimsicalRose1769 20 hours ago

@vegatune

That sounds really hard, I hope you're doing alright. I know things might seem really overwhelming right now but one day it'll get better and I guess you just need to put your faith in that - if you ever want to talk further feel free to message me. Sending lots of love!