Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Check-In Time Again My Lovelies! 💕✨

User Profile: KaylaBella
KaylaBella May 2nd, 2025

Hey family,

I just want to take a second to speak straight from the heart. Recovery isn’t just about putting the drugs or alcohol down—it’s about learning to face life raw, to sit with feelings we used to numb, and to fight through battles most people don’t even see. Every single day you choose recovery, you’re doing something brave. 🛡️ You’re choosing to break cycles. You’re choosing to heal. That’s powerful.


But let’s be real… some days are heavy. 🧠 Some days the cravings scream, the guilt creeps in, or the past knocks on the door of our peace. If today is one of those days for you, please know you’re not alone. 🤝 We’ve all been there. You’re not broken—you’re becoming.


Take a moment to check in with yourself today and answer these honestly:

1. What emotion has been the loudest in your heart lately—peace, pain, anger, fear, hope? 💭

(No judgment here. Just real talk.)

2. What’s one thing you’re proud of yourself for in your recovery today—even if it’s something small like getting out of bed, avoiding a trigger, or reaching out for help? 🏆

(Small victories ARE victories!)

3. Who or what is your anchor when the cravings hit or when life feels like it’s too much? ⚓

(A person, a routine, a prayer, a memory—whatever keeps you grounded.)


This space is for YOU. To be seen. To be heard. To be reminded that you’re not alone in this fight. 💬

Drop your answers below or just let us know how you’re doing.


We’ve got your back—no matter what. 💯

You are strong. 💪 You are worthy. 💖 You are not your past.

One day at a time. One breath at a time. ⏳


Let’s check in. Let’s heal. Let’s rise together. ✨


Much love, fam.

You matter. Always.


Much love,

Kayla 💕✨♥️

2
User Profile: KaylaBella
KaylaBella OP May 2nd, 2025

I’ll start this off 💕

1. What emotion has been the loudest in your heart lately—peace, pain, anger, fear, hope? 💭

Honestly it’s probably been fear and self-doubt. Fear of the unknown, fear of failing, fear of the future, fear of my health failing. When it comes to self-doubt, sometimes I doubt whether I’m having a big enough impact on the lives that come through our Recovery Center doors, or that I’m not having an impact on anyone’s life here on Cups. I’ve been through so much in my life already, and I just want to help touch as many lives as possible with my story and with my experience and my love. But I also think I set some unrealistic standards for myself sometimes. 

2. What’s one thing you’re proud of yourself for in your recovery today—even if it’s something small like getting out of bed, avoiding a trigger, or reaching out for help? 🏆

I’m proud of almost reaching 4 years sober. I’m proud of myself for being able to walk past the alcohol aisle in the store and not even give it a glance or a thought. It took me a long time to get to this point. I’m also proud of myself for just remembering to take it one day at a time. 

3. Who or what is your anchor when the cravings hit or when life feels like it’s too much? ⚓

Remembering how I almost overdosed keeps me grounded. Every time a craving hits, I just sit there and remember how I narrowly escaped the last time I drank and did drugs, and then I think of everything I have accomplished since becoming sober and of everything I have to lose, and it helps me get through the craving. 

User Profile: PiecesOfWhoeverIWas
PiecesOfWhoeverIWas May 3rd, 2025

1. What emotion has been the loudest in your heart lately—peace, pain, anger, fear, hope? 

Definitely fear. I’ve forgotten what it feels like to have a friend, how to make one, how to keep one. I know I can’t hope others will pick up my slack and care the way I hope. Most people are comfortable enough and not looking to befriend me, I have to be the first one to make the effort. I hope the right person will come along. I’m very afraid I will live life alone without adult companionship.


2. What’s one thing you’re proud of yourself for in your recovery today—even if it’s something small like getting out of bed, avoiding a trigger, or reaching out for help? 🏆

I didn’t drink yesterday. If I’m honest it was more about the circumstances than my own effort. I have been drinking almost every day again. Well, I guess a real victory is that I have been limiting my drinks to just 1.


3. Who or what is your anchor when the cravings hit or when life feels like it’s too much? ⚓

God