Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Has anyone else struggled with possible Cannabis addiction/psychosis?

User Profile: MadExE
MadExE July 21st, 2023

For context, I’ve been dealing with anxiety and depression for a few years. I started smoking cannabis as a way to cope with my anxiety. It was working for a long time. But now that it’s the summer and I’m not in school; I don’t have a set schedule for the day which throws me off because I am hyper organized with how I go about my day. Because of this I started smoking cannabis way more often than just at night like I usually did. Recently I found myself smoking at all hours of the day, not going longer than 2 hours without being high. This dropped me where I am now. I figured that the symptoms I’d been having; depression, anxiety, anger/irritation, inappropriately strong emotions, lack of emotional response, and constant confusion/lack of concentration, and a possible ED, we’re all symptoms of weed addiction and potentially weed psychosis since it was all happening at once. I need advice, I want to take a Tolerance break but I need some help and guidance because I feel like a shell.

3
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings July 21st, 2023

@MadExE I am sorry you have become dependent on cannabis. This is not only an habitual pattern of behavior, it is also a reaction on the body. The natural good feeling cannaboid receptors usually operate naturally, but with cannabis ingested, the cannaboid receptors get blocked so only cannabis can stimulate them and convey a signal. This can mean physical dependence also. There is more on the cannaboid receptors here https://nida.nih.gov/publications/research-reports/marijuana/how-does-marijuana-produce-its-effects

Psychosis is something that some people I know have experienced with increased cannabis use. They ended up in ER and wish they had taken steps before they got to that point.

Another option is to get help from a professional that knows how to treat addiction.

I do not know how they treat it, so I leave it up to you to research this more if you care to.

2 replies
User Profile: MadExE
MadExE OP July 21st, 2023

@soulsings Thank you! I’ve been talking to lots of other people in the chat rooms and I’m feeling better about starting my recovery. I appreciate all of your information and I intend to make this Day 1!

1 reply
User Profile: soulsings
soulsings July 21st, 2023

@MadExE talking with people can give us a point of focus. Hope you find a new lease on life.

load more
load more