Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Special Ed is ruining my mental health and I wanna drop out of school all together

User Profile: Yurnuthere
Yurnuthere November 30th, 2023

This *** has been slowly killing me since I started high school, I tried having an iEP meeting but that did nothing, I get told to do the work to get out but I DO DO THE *** WORK AND STILL *** NOTHING, THIS *** CAUSED ME TO HAVE A CRISIS AT SCHOOL THAT I HAD TO GO TO THE HOSPITAL AND STAY OUT OF SCHOOL AND NOTHING CHANGED SINCE I LEFT, I WANNA DROP OUT BUT MY PARENTS AREN'T DOING ANYTHING BECAUSE THEY DON'T GAF

4
User Profile: Tinywhisper11
Tinywhisper11 November 30th, 2023

@Yurnuthere I'm sorry sweetie 😢 your parents need to realise your health comes before anything, even education. Could you try tell them that? I've never had parents or been to school, so I'm not the one to be giving advice here. But I really think health comes first. Good luck with everything  gives you a giant festive tiny hug ❤squeezes you tightly

User Profile: blindGrace277
blindGrace277 November 30th, 2023

@Yurnuthere I'm really sorry to hear that you're feeling this way, Yurnuthere. It's important to recognize that you're not alone, and there are people who want to help and support you.


If you're comfortable, consider talking to someone you trust about what you're going through—whether it's a friend, family member, teacher, or a mental health professional. They can provide a listening ear and help you explore potential solutions.

If your school's special education program isn't meeting your needs, it might be beneficial to discuss your concerns with a school counselor or a teacher you trust. They may be able to advocate for you and help find solutions within the school system.

Additionally, if you're having thoughts of dropping out or struggling with your mental health, it's crucial to seek professional help. There are mental health hotlines and resources available that can provide support and guidance.

Remember that your well-being is important, and there are people who care about you. Don't hesitate to reach out for help and support.
User Profile: PrincessCherryJubliss997
PrincessCherryJubliss997 December 5th, 2023

I'm sorry bout that... 😧😵‍💫