Vote for dedicated room for first responders and medical personnel
Propose we have a dedicated room. EMS and others need a room where we can decompress.
💯 we need one. I feel bad hopping to other rooms just because they are empty. It is so hard to find people her randomly that understand the things we see and experience in the field. Having a space to call our own could save civilians from possible triggers that we don’t think of because it’s what we see on the daily. Would give us a safe space to decompress too. This has my vote for sure.
Maybe I’m stretching too far… idk… but I’m not a doctor or anything close to it.
I have C-PTSD from medical trauma. Not associated with any specific illness, but because of the way my interactions with medical personnel went through when I was younger… then later on my pre-teens being forced to make frequent invasive procedures that I definitely was not ready for. (I have a narcissistic hypochondriac mother).
Today I can’t even look at any doctor in the eye, I have severe panic attacks in clinics, I ran away from the ER multiple times.
It’s not a “money issue” because health care is free in my country but I have no kind of preventive care or what so ever because I avoid doctors as much as I can. I usually let my body deal with whatever it can fight on its own. I only go to doctors when I’m “dying” or losing a limb… it’s frustrating. I just let my husband do all the talking for me.
But!
I’ve been watching some doctors YouTube channels lately and I’m feeling a little bit safer around doctors. It’s a long way to establish any kind of real trust… but I feel it’s possible.
So I believe that an area here on 7cups dedicated to medical personnel could also benefit more people who are dealing with medical trauma as well as the doctors and health care providers.
Just to clarify: I don’t hate doctors. I’m terrified of any health care provider. I’m soooo so so sorry 😢 I know your work is super important and selfless. You sacrifice so much to do your job. People like me probably make your day harder. That’s why I’ve been lately having my husband to do the talking for me.
Yes please! Our lives are something I feel so few understand over the past couple years. COVID-19 has shaken our world to the core and quite frankly, most of us a drowning while still going back every day to save those we can. There's no one to save us, because no one really understands it, even when they want to.