Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Escaping Domestic Violence by Women or Domestic Partners

User Profile: blitheSun94
blitheSun94 May 12th, 2017

Readers,

There seems to be so many resources out there for women and children, so I wanted to share a space for men who are victims of domestic abuse.

More to follow.

11
User Profile: curiosityofnature
curiosityofnature May 12th, 2017

@blitheSun94 You're doing such good work, thank you!

I know several men who've been through domestic abuse, and who've had the additional trouble of people thinking that they had to be the abusive ones. If anyone here feels the need to talk to someone who'll understand, I don't know how much capacity I'd have for longer-term support, but I could certainly offer a round of non-judgemental listening.

1 reply
User Profile: blitheSun94
blitheSun94 OP May 12th, 2017

@curiosityofnature

Thank you so much. Your support is priceless! 😁

load more
August 28th, 2017

THe girl I was with I truly loved she would get abused an home psyicaly and mentally we have know eachother for a long tome at the begging of the year she got kick out of her house had no where to go I took her in thing where fine for the first couple months she gets axiaty loads of stress after a while of me caring being there for her out of love she eould start emotional attacking me putting me down low I took it cause I love her then it turns into her hitting me thing continued like that for a few more mount he's but just last month she was havein a panic attack an after holding in at the hurt she was hitting me agen and I slapped her the guilt I feel for it is to much to explain any way we or I attempted to make things write she's the type of girl that writes love letters well a few days ago we had a few good days an night happy ones she wrote me a love letter and then we parted ways she gives up easy do to the stressful situation she's in so no explanation she suddenly brakes up with me she wats me dead now and now she's saying she thinks shes pregnant now and that she going to abort it just to hurt me why do this when I've gone out of my way doped everything just to help her only snaped once that's the only time I slapped her before that it was every day I would get beat if she truly loves me why lash out constantly at the man that truly loves you not all the relationship was bad we had good times where we truly had heart warming feelings what happened I'm suicidal agen

7 replies
User Profile: Rebecca
Rebecca August 28th, 2017

@limegreenSugar4599

Thank you for opening up and sharing your story with us. It sounds like you and this girl have been through a lot together. Know that the abuse she put you through isn't your fault and that you don't deserve it. I know it must be scary to be broken up when you've sacrificed your safety and endured so much for your relationship, but I hope that things start to improve for you, and that this makes you safer in the end. I know it's hard right now, but it can get better. You deserve to be in a relationship where you are respected and treated kindly.

You mentioned that you are feeling suicidal and this is especially concerning to me. If you feel like you can't cope anymore, please visit www.suicide.org, where you can find a suicide hotline for your country. Unfortunately 7 Cups isn't a crisis site and the volunteers here aren't trained to divert a crisis, but we all want the best for you, so I hope that you'll consider seeking help from qualified professionals.

Feel free to update us on how things are going. I wish you all the best.

6 replies
August 28th, 2017

@Rebecca the one thing is killing me in side it that this one time I couldn't take it an slapped her when she was hitting me and its the reason she left me I just couldn't take it no more but I never thought id ever do that all ways just wanted to help her but I just kept getting mentally an psyicaly abused by her

5 replies
User Profile: Rebecca
Rebecca August 29th, 2017

@limegreenSugar4599 I understand what you mean. After a while, it's like you just snapped. I'm not going to say it's okay to hit someone, but it definitely sounds like you had no intention of hurting her or abusing her yourself. When you are abused so often, eventually it can break you down. I wish you would have defended yourself without violence, but your one act of violence doesn't make you the bad guy here when she's hurt you so many times before.

4 replies
August 29th, 2017

@Rebecca yeah and right after the break up we had she got a new guy a day later almost got jumped today

3 replies
User Profile: Rebecca
Rebecca August 29th, 2017

@limegreenSugar4599 That sucks. How did that make you feel, finding out she was with another guy?

2 replies
August 29th, 2017

@Rebecca really horrible cause I basically dedicated most of my life to her and she found someone quick almost like she had a back up already

1 reply
User Profile: Rebecca
Rebecca August 29th, 2017

@limegreenSugar4599 I'm sorry. You deserve to be with someone who wants to be with you, and who respects you. I hope you find that soon, and that you start to feel better soon.

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: blitheSun94
blitheSun94 OP August 29th, 2017