Healing my inner teenager
Does anyone have tips for healing my inner teenager? Some pretty bad things happened to my siblings and I when I was in high school, and it still affects my life years later. We were abused and neglected. I had to raise two of my siblings so I didn’t get to be a normal teen. I hear a lot about healing inner children, but I think it’s my inner teenager that needs help. Any tips are greatly appreciated!!
@limeFarm6985 Hi there. As listeners, we are here to support and encourage you during your personal journey. Sometimes having someone to chat with is what is needed to help you sort out your emotions and find the answers you seek. While we may not have been in your shoes, healing from that pain is easier when you have resources to lean on. I wish you all the best and hope you connect with many awesome and supportive people on this site.
@limeFarm6985 It sounds like you have an idea of what's next that will be most helpful for you on your healing journey. I think you can trust this feeling and lean into it. There are many resources online to help you learn some methods for healing your inner teenager. And the idea of doing such a thing is so compassionate towards your younger self - I'm happy to see that you have that self-love to want to heal yourself in that way. You've already take the first step, which is wanting to give yourself this sort of healing. You've got this.