Messages for people who struggle with Domestic Violence.
hello lovelys. in my recent check-in i have asked our lovely team members what they would like to tell someone who is struggeling with domestic violence. i am going to summarize the answers here, for anyone who may wants to read this.
I want to thank everyone who posted a message and raised awareness for this topic, for their kindness and empathy. You help make the world a better, warmer place.
So, What would you tell someone struggeling with Domestic Violence?
There are people there to support you. While I fortunately have not been a survivor of dating violence, I have been very attentive in the forums and community check ins and am still looking to always learn more. After all, 7 Cups fosters relationships where we learn as much as we teach which is remarkable. I want everyone who has experienced any sort of trauma know that people have been there, and we are all here for you even if we haven't because we are so willing to educate ourselves and help anyone.
I would tell anyone that is or has suffering/suffered from domestic violence that they are not alone. That a better life is possible. These are thing I wished I would have known before things got the way they are now at home.
You are NOT alone and there is a way to get help and get out!
I would tell them to keep fighting. Your situation can/will get better but it's takes lots of patience and love for ourselves!
I would tell them that I got out of my domestic violence situation, Yes it was hard, but I'm glad that I did!
I would like to add my own message to people struggeling with domestic violence.
I would like to tell you that i know it seems incredibly scary at this moment and not knowing what will happen if you actually are going to leave and how difficult it is to deal with all these confusing thoughts of going back and forth and back and forth. But i want you to know that you deserve happiness. You deserve to wake up and feel loved by the people around you. You deserve to feel accepted. You deserve to feel special. But you do not deserve to feel any less worthy than you are, you do not deserve to feel weak. Because you can not control the actions of the people around you. Whether it is your partner, your husband, your wife, your boyfriend, your girlfriend, your mother, your father, your silbling, your cousin, your aunt/uncle, your friend, your teacher, who ever it may be, they do not deserve to have so much control over you. And i know it is hard to leave, right? We ask ourselves what if everything changes, what if I am really the problem, what if i hurt them by leaving. And i want you to know you can love someone, respect someone, and still decide to leave. You can love someone, you can see the good in someone, but that does not apologize their bad behavior. You can choose yourself and it is important to choose yourself. Because it is your life and you are only given one. Because the minute you step out of the situation, you are one day closer to your first healthy relationship or your recovery and first moment of feeling freedom. Because no one owns you but you own yourself. And you do not owe to make anyone happy, you owe it to yourself and your future self. There is hope. From the very first step of seeking support, your journey of freedom and happiness begins. You have the strength and everything else what you need inside of you. And you won t be alone during this journey. Because we are here to support you through these ups and downs of your journey, if you would like us to.
What would you like to tell someone struggeling with Domestic Violence?
@AveryLove Very beautiful post! That one made me get teary eyed! Your words are very inspirational and motivating and I know that everyone who reads this post will feel the same way. There's so much love in this community and I am really proud to be a part of it!
@lavenderpeach1107 thank you so much for your kind words, that means a lot to me
i am glad you liked it. and we are honored to have someone this kind in our community as well.
@AveryLove You are just so sweet, thank you!
@AveryLove I love your message Avery! It was very moving and touched my heart! You are an inspiration and thank you for all your support and kindness in our community!