What should I do to my sexual abuser when I was 6?
I am a girl, and I am 26 now. When I was 6 years old, I was left in a room alone with a 18 year old boy. He asked me to pull down my pants and showed him my private part. I did it. He just looked at my private part and let me go. He didn't touch me or do anything else. I didn't tell anybody about it. But until today I still feel bad and want to cry every time I think about it. I really want to know what should I do? Should i tell my parents and go to the police? I want him to be punished for what he has done to be and all the pain he has caused me. I know who that boy is. What should I do ?
@humorousJar7699
Please contact me here https://www.7cups.com/@Janvhi.
I would like to briefly talk with you about this and I am sure I will be helpful.
@humorousJar7699
That is an awful and confusing thing to go through at a young age when you don't understand what is happening. As a child body curiosity is normal, but it's not normal for an adult to do that to a 6 year old. As you gradually became aware of sexuality if you are like me, the confusion and shame will have increased. If like me, you told anyone you may have had to deal with adults making out that it was not a big deal and minimising what happened - that then further adds to the hurt.
I had a similar experience at a similar age and this is the first time I am saying outloud what happened. What happened to me was a family member got in bed with me naked - they didn't *do* anything to me, just got up really close to me. I froze initially and didn't do or say anything but I think I eventually asked why he was in my bed and not his own. I told my mum the next day who just said he was sleepwalking and took a wrong turn. It never happened again but I am now 40 and it still affects my relationships. It affects relationships with men in that I struggle to trust, but it also affects my relationship with family members and friends because deep down I feel that noone has my back and I am alone.
I don't know whether my story of what happened to me will be of any help to you but I needed to share to let you feel that you are not alone. I can offer no advice on what to do about the boy as I still haven't dealt with my own issues. I'm scared to as by dealing with it it will tear my family apart.
You are not alone. If you ever want to talk, please send me a message.
@humorousJar7699
I am glad that you are dealing with this at an age where you can still have a full life. I'm now 40 and have to face the fact that my own family has damaged me to the point I will never have a family of my own.
@SwingOfThings
owh I'm sorry
@conscientiousPineapple1782
It's OK - I'm coming to terms with it. I have a busy life with work, university, a cat (yeah stereotypical crazy cat lady lol) and horses. I've got a lovely new foal this year which I helped deliver - it's not the same as a baby but still makes my heart swell :)