Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

22 and holding onto childhood trauma

User Profile: Jamloaf
Jamloaf March 5th, 2022

Ah.. I’m new to this and don’t know where to start I guess

my dad left when I was two.. my mother had a very hard life growing up causing her to mentally and emotionally abuse us kids.. I felt like I needed to have all the responsibilities as a child because my mom couldn’t do anything for herself

very needy and gave up quickly. We often times wondered

if we’d have lights or food for the next day and if rent would be payed my mother often vented to me about her adult problems while I was 7 and she depended on me … which is why I feel so needy.. but also feeling like I have to control everything … my husband dropped me off to my moms place saying he wants to divorce now being 22 and broke

him coming to me saying he wants to stay together but get his mental fix first before we can move back together but I don’t know if I can trust anything he says with the emotional roller coaster he’s put me through …

my childhood has left me needy and seeking validation

always needing someone by me.. and I hate that..

I hate the feeling of needing I hate being left as if I was nothing .. being abandoned by multiple people in my life hurts … but I guess I can’t be mad at some point people drift but my heart stays … ah I dunno.. ah thanks for listening whoever sees this :3

1
User Profile: lyrmonica
lyrmonica March 5th, 2022

@Jamloaf

Hey there, I am sorry to hear what you are going through right now. It is true that people sometimes focus on themselves a lot instead of thinking about others. I also had a similar experience when my friends always want me to listen to their problems and solve them. At first, I enjoyed listening to their problems and gave them the suggestions that they wanted to hear. Gradually, I felt exhausted being 'this person' for them. Who should I even talk to when I have problems and I am not feeling okay? Now, I've found the right person for me who can support me, so please believe that things will get better. There are always people who are willing to be your needy one and stand by your side. Hope this makes you feel better.