Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

A poem I wrote today.

User Profile: stydia
stydia June 29th, 2018

I've been sexually abused as a teen by three different people. I wrote about one of them today when a particular smell in the air reminded me of said person. I'm still bitter that it happened when I was a sweet girl taken advantage of while incoherent.

The phantom scent of your sweat followed me home from work today. The thick summer heat was musty like that stupid leather jacket you hid my body with. I tuned out of a cultural documentary on Dresden, remembering how you lied to me about your birthplace.

I should have crushed you with my thighs.

3
User Profile: AveryLove
AveryLove June 29th, 2018

@stydia hey there!

Beautifully written heart hope that you felt some movement away from the pain in writing this.

1 reply
User Profile: stydia
stydia OP June 29th, 2018

@Hope3729 Thanks! I actually had a bit of an anxiety attack but I feel better this morning. <3

load more
User Profile: nolongerafraid
nolongerafraid June 29th, 2018

@stydia

This is really powerful! I hope it helps too.

I get the anxiety, scents can just really overtake you sometimes. Glad you are feeling a bit better heart