Coercive abuse- giving emotional abuse a name.
Has been a long journey to heal, but mainly to understand my feelings.
Took me years to realise I was abused emotionally, however only recently I've heard of the term "coercive abuse". Is why I'm making this thread.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XNZuKkcDkM
Here's a video if any of you want to watch. A lady speaking about it. I relate to everything she said, but mainly how how she mentions most victims from coercive abuse have NO clue they were being abused. Same happened to me.
Hopefully this will reach someone , either to help realise they're being abused, or to have a "label/meaning" to what they're going through.
I'm also posting this on "my diary" thread because finding this term really gave me peace. Having a name for it, realising I wasn't insane or it wasn't my fault when I went through this. That no wonder I'm struggling so much.
So hopefully this will help some of you.