Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Feeling silly for being upset about my trauma

User Profile: thespiancookie
thespiancookie June 30th, 2019

I was in an abusive friendship, that then turned into a relationship. They would hurt themselves and tell me that it was my fault because I made them sad, and they encouraged me to hurt myself. They would always make me feel inadequate and compare me to our other friends. Our breakup was incredibly messy and it left me with nobody to really trust, because they had charmed nearly everyone that I knew. Because we had been so close and I had admired them for a ling time, once I left I felt like I had lost a huge chunk of my personality. I still think about it today, even though it ended just over three years ago, and I always feel stupid for getting so upset about it. I feel like I should be over it by now, even though I know logically that that's not how it works.

5
User Profile: Emmaness
Emmaness June 30th, 2019

@thespiancookie

i know how can some memories alive as somthing happening right now

and how can bring all bad emotions ; but you can think always it is over

you are survivor and safe ; and time will heal every thing

stay strong

User Profile: RainRose8093
RainRose8093 July 4th, 2019

@thespiancookie

Almost the exact same thing happened to me and im really sorry you had to go through that.

No one deserves to feel like that due to another person.

Youre strong and you got this

My situation was almost 3 years ago, and even though i stil think about them. It gets so much better

stay strong love

1 reply
User Profile: thespiancookie
thespiancookie OP July 4th, 2019

@RainRose8093

I'm really sorry you had to go through that. Your comment really means a lot to me, thank you.

I wish you all the look in your recovery, I know it takes some time but we can do it!

load more