I don't know if this is trauma... (Warning: Suicide Attempt mention)
I've been dealing with depression for at least 2 years now. When I've felt suicidal, I've always had a "plan"; I would take sleeping pills and hide them away in my room, where I would overdose, and fall asleep, hoping I would never wake up. Typically, I've always been able to come back to my senses before actually swallowing any of the pills.
This past Tuesday, however, was the first time I had actually swallowed any pills; I had swallowed 2 of them, though the plan was to take 20. I knew that 2 wouldn't be enough to kill me, or probably even do any damage at all. Still, I was taken to the hospital that afternoon after telling my school counsler.
Since this Friday, I've been feeling absolutely awful; I've felt so guilty that I wanted to die, though any attempts that I could make would only make the guilt worse. I don't think this is valid trauma because I did it to myself, but I'd just wan t to know if this could ever hurt me and if my trauma is "valid".