Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I was a victim of online grooming at age 13-15

User Profile: jenniP
jenniP October 14th, 2019

Hi. My name is Jenni, and I'm 16 years old. When I was 13, I was at the peak of my depression - I had 0 friends and to compensate for my lonely time at school I played a lot of online games. I played Minecraft every day and met this dude who was 16 at the time. We started off as friends and every day I went to check on him on the minecraft server ad we played for hours. Slowly the ''relationship'' started to progress towards a more romantic and sexual one. It ended up being me sending him pictures to please him and to maintain even one relationship when I had no one. After I started getting friends I realised how wrong it was and I started to try to limit my contact to him. After ending that relationship I have felt like I'm in hell every second of every day. To myself I'm a whore, a disgusting slut who couldnt contain herself and I ruined my future. A man, a pedophile contains information that he can ruin my life with if he feels like it. I'm someones property and I hate it. I cannot stand looking at myself and I have no libido. I feel like I am absolutely worthless.

After this period of time he has messaged me thrice and does not respect my boundaries. I live in fear every day. I feel so alone and lonely and that it's my fault and it was my own decision and nobody else feels this pain. Can anyone understand? Does anyone else feel this?

3
User Profile: HappyIsa291125
HappyIsa291125 October 14th, 2019

@jenniP I'm so sorry you had to go through that jenni... i wish there was a way i can help you, but i am unable to. Maybe you can talk to someone you trust to help you? I've been in your position and I still am...well similar in my opinion...

(my story) It was last summer... I went to a party with people older than me.. I was really down at that time... like at the bottom of my limit... i needed someone or something to numb me... I tried some things and i though i would live to see another day, so i let them use me in ways i can't explain and make me try things i never would imagine i would try... they took pictures of me and took so much from me... to this day I haven't told anyone about this and i doubt i ever will... I feel so disgusted and sullied and ugly and so many things except beautiful... whenever i look at myself in the mirror i can only see the person i was before.

I want you to know that you are not alone in this. There can still be some people you can talk to help you get through this. I hope you see better days jenni. Take care, Stay safe, Stay strong and Hang On. Good luck heart

User Profile: HappyIsa291125
HappyIsa291125 October 14th, 2019

@HappyLily291125 *wouldn't

load more
User Profile: Flowingstreams
Flowingstreams December 18th, 2019

@jenniP

Hi! I am so sorry for what you both have gone through. I see you both as beautiful innocent souls, and the people who committed these harmful actions are the ones who deserve shame. Maybe If you were that young at the time (13 yrs), then the guy you sent your photos to is probably close now to being an adult. He could also have ben lying that he was 16. If it has been two years, that person is now 18. In terms ofth law, that means he is an adult holding on to child pornography (any inappropriate image of a minor under 18). You might want to check with the police, but I am pretty sure an adult man possessing photos of minors on his computer is a crime. If he made threats, i think that is another crime.