Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

My mother is a drug addict

User Profile: sociablePineapple8905
sociablePineapple8905 October 3rd, 2018

The amount of times Ive had to call 911 for her is outrageous in my opinion. When I was young, I had to physically pull her half dead body out of our bathtub. It really fucked me up

sorry to be depressing, Ive just held it in for so long

8
User Profile: QuietMuse
QuietMuse October 3rd, 2018

@sociablePineapple8905 I'm so sorry...I can't even imagine how much that puts you through. I pray that everything will be okay for you and your family.

1 reply
User Profile: sociablePineapple8905
sociablePineapple8905 OP October 3rd, 2018

@QuietMuse thank you I appreciate it

User Profile: sociablePineapple8905
sociablePineapple8905 OP October 5th, 2018

@QuietMuse thank you, I appricite it

load more
User Profile: ImperfectCherry
ImperfectCherry October 3rd, 2018

@sociablePineapple8905

this sounds like a really hard situation to grow up with and I am so sorry you have to go through this... Do you have any help from other family or a therapist to handle this? thumbs up for sharing a bit of your story smiley sometimes only just talking about what we go through helps us to see ways of handling it and I hope you can find some help around here...

2 replies
User Profile: sociablePineapple8905
sociablePineapple8905 OP October 3rd, 2018

@ImperfectCherry

I cant afford to see a therapist right now and my family is somewhat supportive of the situation but its hard to talk to them about it

1 reply
User Profile: ImperfectCherry
ImperfectCherry October 4th, 2018

@sociablePineapple8905

yes, I can understand how hard it is to speak about your situation, even to close people like your family, but I'm glad you still get at least a bit of support.... and yes, the problem with therapies being unaffordable is a sad but common problem... Sometimes you can find good support groups of non-profit organizations, perhaps that would be an option to look into... and of course you are at the right place for support here wink you can talk to a listener, talk to others in the chatrooms or in the forums and you can find some help in the self-help guides... you are very welcome to pm me whenever you like and I will come back to you smiley

load more
load more
User Profile: Npepsicola
Npepsicola October 4th, 2018

Hey.

I also grew up with a mother who was an addict. I understand how challenging and awful it can be. All the lying and lack of nurturing from someone who is supposed to be there for you and responsible for you. I hope you can find some support here and realize that you arent alone.

1 reply
User Profile: sociablePineapple8905
sociablePineapple8905 OP October 5th, 2018

@Npepsicola thank you, I appreciate it. Its hard for people to understand if theyve never had to deal with a parent who is addicted to drugs

load more