Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Name one emotion you are feeling today.

January 4th, 2019

After one has encountered something traumatic, or an event which is abnormal in their lives, he or she may feel a variety of emotions.

What is one emotion which you are feeling today? This is a sharing space for the group, to communicate and to share, and to vent about what you are feeling, in a given day.

Some Examples Are:

- Upset

- Frustrated

- Angry

- Numb

- Sad

- Wronged

- Strong

- Hopeful

List one emotion which you are feeling today! If you would like, you can vent about the reasons which you are feeling this way.

778
User Profile: GoodTrouble19
GoodTrouble19 January 5th, 2019

happy

User Profile: friendlyGrapefruit1280
friendlyGrapefruit1280 January 5th, 2019

Blessed

User Profile: TLN1977
TLN1977 January 5th, 2019

I've been sad and cried. I've been angry and I've get happy thinking about memories.

User Profile: cybal
cybal January 5th, 2019

Drained

User Profile: indigoPlane9851
indigoPlane9851 January 5th, 2019

@PositivityStrengthFaith
Bit sad now emotional :(

User Profile: reservedTurtle4652
reservedTurtle4652 January 5th, 2019

I dont know I just feel useless but like I dont want to do anything. I feel sad but I dont want to cry and its a sadness that I dont cry about I dont really know

User Profile: safeandsoundta
safeandsoundta January 5th, 2019

Blessed laugh

User Profile: hardworkingAcres5716
hardworkingAcres5716 January 5th, 2019

Tired

1 reply
User Profile: KOrange
KOrange January 5th, 2019

Anxious but hopeful

load more
User Profile: shymelody
shymelody January 5th, 2019

@PositivityStrengthFaith

I am feeling so numb and disgusting right now. I'm angry and upset and I feel like I drowning and overwhelmed. I keep relapsing on stupid addictions and I feel so overwhelmed with guilt. I am completely disgusted with myself and I just don't understand why I had to be born. I just don't know what to do anymore. I am completely and utterly broken in every way possible and my one way of being fixed has been ruined by me because I just cant help but isolate myself from everything and anything good. im so alone. im so tired. sorry for this rant, i just needed to get this out. i just dont want to feel alone.

1 reply
User Profile: Ludvika2012
Ludvika2012 January 5th, 2019

@shymelody dont ever feel like youre alone. Theres enough people in this world that therell always be someone out there who cares about you. Its difficult to open up to people at times, especially when you know youre struggling with something that youre not particularly proud of. Just know that you have the power within you to start the process of making changes. And change is not about being perfect, but about continuing to make progress. Sure, anyone can have a bad day. Im having a rough day today myself. But Im learning. Im learning that one bad day doesnt define me. Im learning that the people who are able to make change are those who find their inner fuel, that spark that makes you unique and defines who you are. It took me a while to find something good about myself, but Ive learned that I like helping others. Thats what fuels me and thats what gets me through the rough patches (or mountains, really). Take a deep breath and know that this too shall pass. You have a friend in me. :)

User Profile: ArtichokeHeart93
ArtichokeHeart93 January 8th, 2019

@shymelody

You sound like me, I have the same dilemmas keeping me from growing and thriving at the pace I want. Relapse sucks, and we never mean to feel lonely, it's just a challenge to reach out when you just wanna hide. The negative thoughts make us feel like we should seclude ourselves. You're not nothing, and you're here for a reason. We made it this far, and it certainly wasn't by chance. We have the opportunity to change the lives of others whether we notice it or not. Giving a smile, helping someone in any small way, allows ourselves to travel outside our own minds. Then we don't feel so trapped or influenced by the negativity of our lives. There's more to us than us. We are all here for each other, and I couldn't empathize with you more. If you can and want to, take recovery slowly, day by day. Don't count the sober days just take victory in every day you say "Not for me, not today". You're only human, we make mistakes. We just have to take more pride in our daily successes and avoid the self-chastising during our pitfalls. Keep your chin up, and keep the strength, hope and love going. Thanks for posting, know you're not alone in this! We're gonna make it!

load more
User Profile: Haylstorm666
Haylstorm666 January 5th, 2019

Weird & hazy