Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Not sure if this is trauma

User Profile: discreetLunch
discreetLunch March 29th, 2020

Last year I had some bad experiences with my roommate and our friends, most of which were mutual. She was one of my best friends and we had been really close. However, things got really bad really suddenly. I don't know if this sort of thing counts as trauma. However, it's been almost a year since everything got really bad. I still think about her, my old friends, and what happened a year later on a daily basis. Thinking or talking about it makes my heart rate speed up and sometimes triggers anxiety attacks. I cry thinking or talking about it sometimes but at the same time have felt less emotional than I did before everything happened. I don't necessarily feel disconnected but I feel more irritable and not sensitive, when I used to be incredibly sensitive. I also have frequent, recurring bad dreams about my roommate and friends that sometimes cause me to wake up in a cold sweat. It's caused a lot of other issues in my life but it has really affected me in ways gay impact my daily life.

I don't really know what to do to move on, if this counts as trauma, or really what I should do to get past this. I was going to make an appointment to see a therapist but then the COVID-19 outbreak happened and I won't be able to go now until the pandemic has subsided.

1
User Profile: ZeppelinsOverhead
ZeppelinsOverhead March 29th, 2020

@discreetLunch I don't know what happened, Lunch, but I'm here if you want to talk. Are you unable to make an appointment for online therapy?