Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Yesterday I finally grieved the childhood I did not get and something inside that felt split now feels joined. This is just my story, not advice. For

User Profile: inventiveNickel8457
inventiveNickel8457 September 19th, 2025

A few months back I tried to force healing with a solo mushroom session at home. People kept saying there are no bad trips, only challenging ones that grow you, and I believed it. It blew me open and left me shaky for weeks. Later I stumbled on a careful piece about the bad trip debate that put words to what happened, not every hard experience heals and without a container it can harm, the numbers and stories were a real reality check if you are trauma wired like me https://0fj.cc/ptsd 
I slowed down after that. I found a therapist, did very boring things like sleep, food, walks, and we practiced simple compassion imagery.

Yesterday, on my living room floor with a blanket and water nearby, I put my hand on my chest and whispered shhh it is okay, you are safe, and in my mind a small boy stood in the doorway and looked at me. I showed him the quiet kitchen, the windows, under the desk, and said I am here now, nothing will happen to you. I cried in a way I have never cried. It was not a blast of insight, it was parenting myself for the first time. When it eased, there was a stillness where the critic usually lives. Today anxious thoughts still visit, and I tell myself softly it is okay, and the peace returns.

I am not saying psychedelics are the only road. For me the turning point was gentleness and consistency and knowing I do not have to burn the house down to feel warmth. If you are where I was, convinced this cannot happen for you, please hold on. Radical change is real. Be kind to yourself. You are enough

3
User Profile: GoldenRuleJG
GoldenRuleJG September 20th, 2025

@inventiveNickel8457

Its like you had an epiphany in the low moment and said "Hello im here for you scared boy who needs shelter"

I am happy you did the boring things to support yourself. 

Take care of yourself and dont be ashamed to seek more help 

Uncover the childhood wounds with compassion continuously 

You can explore who you are through KJV Bible if ready to take that step - any choice you make is yours 

How you are and how I see you - you'll know that - the creator says that <3 

User Profile: RibbonOfLight4
RibbonOfLight4 October 26th, 2025

@inventiveNickel8457 

Thank you for sharing such a beautiful healing experience! It sounds like a magical but yet simple moment of genuine self-compassion. Like you allowed yourself to see that part of you, and that boy actually listened and understood: "I'm safe now". It shows you've come a long way! 

I also loved how you express how "boring" the healing work can feel (sleeping well and stuff no one really wants to do). But those simple things do work with time, and I'm glad you did them regardless.

And you're right, you are enough, you're not alone. You're healing. You're safe. Thank you again for sharing. Made my day.