Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Recommend me a Movie!

User Profile: Oldsoulme01
Oldsoulme01 January 8th, 2023

Greetings!

Give me some movie(s) that you feel everyone should watch at least once in their lifetime.

Share your love for cinema here. :)

37
User Profile: Angryturtle85
Angryturtle85 January 17th, 2023

Brokedown palace

User Profile: quirkkittenexplosion
quirkkittenexplosion January 17th, 2023

scrolled through and I don’t think anyone’s mentioned Cloud Atlas (2012) yet—


Scifi Fantasy that takes place across multiple timelines staring Halle Berry, Tom Hanks, Doona Bae, Ben Whishaw, among other namey names. The theme is human connection across time, across space, across language, across worlds. Written by the Wachoski’s aka same folks who did the Matrix. A musical score by Tom Tykwer that I will never stop fawning over. Etc etc.

Please let me know what you think if you watch it (or have seen it)! Even if you don’t like it; we can agree to disagree but I’m always curious about people’s thoughts.

User Profile: coolpineapple13
coolpineapple13 January 17th, 2023

2001: A Space Odyssey is pretty good, along with many of the Studio Ghibli movies.

User Profile: ClassicSher
ClassicSher March 2nd, 2023

1) The Shawshank Redemption 2) The Fugitive 3) Tombstone 4) Back to the Future trilogy 5) Rear Window 6)The Godfather 6) 12 Angry Men 7)Singing in the Rain 7) It Happened One Night 8) It's a Wonderful Life 9) Fried Green Tomatoes 10) Feild if Dreams..just a few. Bonus The Princess Bride, The Breakfast Club, Pretty Woman, Anatomy of a Murder, The Game, Forrest Gump, Quiz Show, and A Perfect Murder. Tried to throw many genres and time periods in there.

User Profile: StaryNight32
StaryNight32 March 2nd, 2023

The "War of the Worlds" by Steven Speilberg is really good on of my favorites.

User Profile: KittyMinnatWearsAHat
KittyMinnatWearsAHat March 2nd, 2023

@Oldsoulme01

I’m a big musical theatre fan, so I’d recommend Rent (2005)! Another really good movie, not a musical, is Last Night in SoHo (I believe from 2021?) It is SO good!

User Profile: DonaldK
DonaldK March 3rd, 2023

@Oldsoulme01 greetings I'm new to this community because I was looking for a place Direct meant this movie to everyone. Then I found your post. If you're looking for a good movie I would recommend the whale with Brendan Fraser. I watched it yesterday and I am so overwhelmed with AWH and wonder for the film so far he won the screen actors Guild award for it.


I don't know if it's your type of movie but I have to recommend it. There are so many lessons in it that I don't know where to begin. But because you haven't seen it I don't wanna give it away I want to write about it but I don't want to spoil it for you please send me a chat if you decide to watch it.

Do anyone else that might be reading this if you think I could write a review on it either here or somewhere please point me in the right direction. It would be good for members and listeners a like to hear my review on it it will be unbiased I promise. I love to watch movies so and TV shows. I especially like medical drama.

Have a good night everyone if you need help in this for him please let me know.
User Profile: butdoesanyonenotice
butdoesanyonenotice March 3rd, 2023

@Oldsoulme01

👏ghost👏busters👏

User Profile: butdoesanyonenotice
butdoesanyonenotice March 3rd, 2023

@butdoesanyonenotice

you watch 1984 first [ obviously ] then 1989 then 2021 [ this one had me in tears ]

the 2016 remake isn't important to the original timeline at all and isn't that good in my opinion

load more
User Profile: Fordkn2
Fordkn2 March 3rd, 2023

The Count of Monte Cristo 2002 is, in my not so humble opinion, a master class in film making.

User Profile: keziachloe
keziachloe March 3rd, 2023

I can only imagine was very touching. made me cry <3