Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

If you could ask anyone (alive or dead, Past or Present) a question, who would you pick & what would you ask!

User Profile: Laura
Laura December 1st, 2015

Share here!

1143
User Profile: BeautyIsTheBeast
BeautyIsTheBeast December 1st, 2015

Dear Grandpa,

What's it like on the other side?
I know you probably thought you were raising your son and daughter the right way in the time that you lived. But you were wrong. You didn't need to beat them in order to gain respect. All my father knows is pain, because of you. He doesn't talk to us; he yells at us, he doesn't explain things; he insults our intelligence. We were children, we didn't know or understand. We were raised with fear and fear is how we got what we wanted. We didn't know that at the time, all we knew is that that was how our father got people to do what he wanted, so we copied him.
That's why it's called lead by example. Be what you want him or her or them to be. Walk your walk, don't just talk te talk.
You wanted respect but all you showed was fear. My father showed that same fear to us. We don't respect him, and we don't even fear him, heck we don't even hate him anymore. We pity him. Because he never learned to grow and be different from the cage you shaped him to.
I wanted to let you know, that after you died, I was glad. I thought my dad would change, that his tormentor would be dead and he wouldn't have to be afraid anymore.
He didn't change. He actually got worse. Somehow, his childhood trauma kept him in line. But when you died, he let everything out, including his hate for us.
But I am glad, because I know what it's like to feel pain first hand. I know what it's like to breath because I've been choked. I know what it's like to feel love because I've felt hate. I know what I want to become because I've seen what I don't want to be. I know what it's like for people not to believe me or take me seriously, so I try my best to take others the way I wanted to be.
What I'm trying to say, is that I've come to terms with my past. It hurts and I still have nightmares and hate my father, but I've learned to accept that it happened and that I've learned from it. I was able to take something horrible and find something good in it. I have you to thank for that.

1 reply
User Profile: politeCup86
politeCup86 December 2nd, 2015

@BeautyIsTheBeast

Very nice letter i would dedicate it directly to my grandmother. Exact words

load more
User Profile: Manta
Manta December 1st, 2015

I would ask so many questions, to so many people. Namely important philosophers and leaders, but there would also be questions that anyone could answer, such as first hand accounts of world wars. There would be so much information available to me, that I would probably overlook the sheer value of it, and rarely take time to appreciate it.

The same can be said for modern people overlooking the value of the internet/smartphones.

Anyway, if I was to answer the question directly... I would probably want to talk to Socrates. I would want to fill him in on all of the things that have happened since his death. And then I would ask him, "What's next?"

User Profile: crimsonred2
crimsonred2 December 1st, 2015

i would ask my father, that promised he would go to and did start attending AA for my three children, I wasn't letting him see them as much for fear of his drinking; but I would ask him if he made the promise to let me help with this terrible addiction..... Why didn't he let me help, so I wouldn't have lost him and my boys would still have their grandfather? Dad, I forgive you for all your mistskes, ,trespasses , and sins. I can't judge u I will only ever n ever love you. I miss you.

User Profile: AutoPhobia
AutoPhobia December 1st, 2015

I would ask Ulysses S. Grant, how it was to be in the civil war during the time period of 1861-1865

User Profile: snowboardzx
snowboardzx December 1st, 2015

I would ask, Mary Louise Parker, can I tie you up?

4 replies
User Profile: BeautyIsTheBeast
BeautyIsTheBeast December 1st, 2015

@snowboardzx Lol, now that's funny.

3 replies
User Profile: snowboardzx
snowboardzx December 1st, 2015

@BeautyIsTheBeast

2 replies
User Profile: snowboardzx
snowboardzx December 1st, 2015

Thanks

User Profile: snowboardzx
snowboardzx December 1st, 2015

@beautyandthebeast

Thanks

load more
load more
load more
User Profile: marie44
marie44 December 1st, 2015

I would ask why is there so much pain in this world and with saying that. where is God and why can't I hear him in my heart.

2 replies
User Profile: MissHope31
MissHope31 December 1st, 2015

@marie44 I ask myself the same question almost everyday. I think the pain is necessary to grow. God is everywhere really in the most simple things, a smile, a flower, etc. You will ear Him when you find yourself at peace, it can be your onw voice, it can be a smell, or anything that has some meaning to you. Lots of love, kindness and smiles for you.

1 reply
User Profile: marie44
marie44 December 1st, 2015

@MissHope31

Thank you, when you go through so much you tend to forget because you mind is so blurred.

load more
load more
User Profile: marie44
marie44 December 1st, 2015

if there is a God, why doesn't he listen to your prayers. simple ones like, thank you for the simple things in life that are free like love and family and a roof over our heads.

soon enough the one you love leaves you. your family gets smaller, and you get a disease and have to quit your job or retire from it. Where are you now because I do not feel GOD in my heart.

User Profile: lifegoesonalone22
lifegoesonalone22 December 1st, 2015

I would ask him why he hurt me

User Profile: sweetrosa1987
sweetrosa1987 December 1st, 2015

Some of these posts are related to my life, my family and so on and so forth. So many questions to give everyone in my life right now... I don't know where to begin. :( :'(

2 replies
User Profile: marie44
marie44 December 11th, 2015

@sweetrosa1987angel I have been told so many times in my life to not look back because you are not going that way. Well, It is human nature to look back at your life because it makes you who you are today. I try asking questions, and it seems that the ones that you hold dearest to you can't seem to answer them. We live in a world today where people lack love and compassion. They say they love you with their whole heart and soul BUT they leave you in a heartbeat with no explanation or reason. People do not look each other in the face anymore, instead they use text messages to say heartless and awful things to you in which they would never say to your face. Their true character that you would never know existed comes out, so sad. My heart is very sensitive and full of compassion. This world is very hard to live in and as we see on the news and everyday, in certain places we go....it is getting worse. I can't change who I am or my heart. I have been hurt tremendously by 3 loves in my life and I cannot take another hit. We can ask questions to our loved ones, friends and so on BUT will you get the truth? You can't hide from life and who you are. You just learn from each experience and hope for the best in the next. I am tired and lonely from all that has happened to me thus far BUT I am still here for a reason. One day, I will know that reason and why I had to go through a lot of heartbreak. You can search for answers but I believe we will not find them here.

1 reply
User Profile: sweetrosa1987
sweetrosa1987 December 12th, 2015

@marie44 Thank you for the post. smileyheartangel

load more
load more
User Profile: Lulu2015
Lulu2015 December 1st, 2015

I'd ask my dad why he didn't take care of himself because he is gone now.