Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

One word i'd use to describe my childhood is.....

User Profile: Laura
Laura September 14th, 2018

One word i'd use to describe my childhood is.....

197
User Profile: 1slowbird
1slowbird September 14th, 2018

Fun

User Profile: considerateTree2184
considerateTree2184 September 14th, 2018

Long lost. Not sure I was still emotionally and mentally a child since age 7. I knew my father was sick. I started having insomnia, anxiety and feeling of impending doom. When my father died, my mother decided that as I had done much DIY with my father I had to fix what needed to in the flat. I slept in her bed for fear she would die too. And when her drinking got out of control, I was the only "adult" in the flat. Didn't have time to be a kid.

2 replies
User Profile: sociableCucumber4024
sociableCucumber4024 September 14th, 2018

@considerateTree2184

Thats powerful, thanks for being brave enough to share and you should be proud of yourself

1 reply
User Profile: considerateTree2184
considerateTree2184 September 15th, 2018

@sociableCucumber4024

Thanks. I need to appreciate that even if I have still a long way to go, I never resorted to alcohol or drugs. There must be strengh somewhere.I knew I have an addiction prone DNA, but so did my mum and she sadly perpetuated family tradition.

And I worked hard at school and never asked for a pass. That I am proud of. I was heavily bullied, especially about my father's death of course, but it's actually a strength today as I don't give a fig what people think of me. The worst has already been said. I am immune.

load more
load more
User Profile: toughCity7636
toughCity7636 September 14th, 2018

crap.wasnt a good childhood at all

User Profile: frankLion761
frankLion761 September 14th, 2018

TRAUMATIC

User Profile: trl5683
trl5683 September 14th, 2018

disaster

User Profile: DisabledGayGuy
DisabledGayGuy September 14th, 2018

HELL

User Profile: decisiveOak328
decisiveOak328 September 14th, 2018

Distressing

User Profile: Alonesometime
Alonesometime September 14th, 2018

Rejected

User Profile: Jadegem93
Jadegem93 September 14th, 2018

Forgotten

User Profile: Paskaniska
Paskaniska September 14th, 2018

Violent.