Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

International Women’s Day 2026: Give to Gain

give-to-gain-womens-day-2026_1772817012.png

This year’s International Women’s Day theme is “Give to Gain,” a campaign that emphasizes the power of reciprocity and support. The idea is simple but powerful: when we give encouragement, empathy, and help to others, we often gain connection, strength, and growth ourselves.

On 7 Cups, this happens every day. A supportive reply, a kind message, or simply listening without judgment can make someone feel less alone. Even small acts of care can create ripple effects across the community.

The Give to Gain theme reminds us that support is not one-sided. When we show up for others, we also gain:

  • A sense of purpose
  • Stronger connections with others
  • New perspectives and shared wisdom
  • A more compassionate community

You don’t need perfect advice to help someone. Often, being present, listening, and showing kindness is more than enough.

Let’s reflect together:

1) What is one small way you’ve given support to someone recently?

2) What did you gain from that experience?

3) What is one way you have supported another woman - or been supported by one - that made a real difference in your life?

Thank you for being part of a community where every act of support matters. When we give to each other, we all grow stronger together. 

9

@SoulfullyAButterfly

1) What is one small way you’ve given support to someone recently?

I donated an amount to a crowdfunding campaign for someone's surgery.

2) What did you gain from that experience?

I gained insight that supporting people in times of need shouldn't be weighed with money.

3) What is one way you have supported another woman - or been supported by one - that made a real difference in your life?

The two women, apart from my family, who supported and made me who I am today are my teachers. They instilled in me the confidence I lacked and pushed me towards the path of success. I owe them the credit for the personality that a lot of people admire today. In fact, one of them is a reason I joined Cups. She would always tell me that I should give back to the community in whatever capacity. That's partly why I joined 7 Cups.

User Profile: AReine
AReine March 6th

1)One small way you have given support to someone recently:

My friend forgot her suitcase before the exam so i shared mine with her.

2) what did you gain from that experience?

I always feel happy and proud to help others.

3) what is one way you have supported another woman that made a real difference in your life?

Few years ago a friend of mine have leaved very bad period of her life and i supported her. It made me understand that getting through a hard time is not always our fault. But it is our role to cooperate and lend a hand to those who need it.

User Profile: Butterfly723389
Butterfly723389 March 6th

@SoulfullyAButterfly Nice post! ✨

1) My mom’s back and arm hurt from time to time, the last few days it’s been more painful than usual again, I comforted her and gave her massage 💞

2) I felt helpful and proud ☺️

3) Some time ago I’ve been going through a rough time and didn’t understand why. Not knowing the reason caused spiralling and frustration. When I told my friend she assured me that you don’t need to always know the cause and that I shouldn’t blame myself for not knowing. That really helped me calm down. Now I’m again looking for a cause, but in a more reflective and less judgmental way 🌼

Have a nice day or whatever time it is at your place, everyone! 💗🦋

User Profile: PresenceSoutien
PresenceSoutien March 8th

@Butterfly723389Yes, I understand. Anxiety arises because our conscious, logical mind isn't sufficiently equipped to confront it with awareness. Therefore, it experiences anxiety and feeds on knowledge. That's why I think you should research psychology and read books about the power of our subconscious mind and how it stores everything. Entering this field will give you sufficient information.

load more
User Profile: Amanda84
Amanda84 March 6th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

My mother supports me through everything.

No judgement 

Never a harsh word.

I can tell her everything.

She helped me learn to walk again.

On any bad day, sitting having a cup of tea with her and a chat makes everything better 🩵🤗

On cups , someone who has always supported me, welcomed me, answered my every question, made me smile , who I appreciate is @Heather225 🩵🤗

1. I helped someone realize than they arent alone and gave them a couple of words to use for their situation. 

2. I realized that all the pain i been through can be  helpful as it allows me experience and insight into some things. 

3 mom and sis taking care of me is what comes to mind: food, tea, etc. 

User Profile: IvoryNotes
IvoryNotes March 7th

@SoulfullyAButterfly 

1) I helped someone see the world a bit better than they saw it before

2) I gained a true friend/family member that day

3) I was boarding a train while carrying really heavy bags that I could barely balance, and a woman kindly helped me board all my luggage onto the train and even held me gently as I got onto the train, as I was afraid of the gap between the train and the platform. Forever grateful to her despite never seeing her again🥹

User Profile: Ava47
Ava47 March 7th

1) What is one small way you’ve given support to someone recently?
Recently I supported someone simply by listening. The person opened up to me in a way that surprised me, and I realized that sometimes people just need someone who is willing to listen.

2) What did you gain from that experience?
I realized that we often don’t know much about what others are going through. Sometimes people just need a safe space where they feel comfortable enough to open up.

3) What is one way you have supported another woman – or been supported by one – that made a real difference in your life?
It is not really in my nature to look for help. I usually try to find solutions myself and keep going. My beautiful female friend  once  called me because she sensed I was going through a difficult time. That moment made me realize that it is okay to reach out to someone just to be heard, and that I don’t always have to handle everything on my own.

User Profile: moonwitgirl
moonwitgirl March 8th

@SoulfullyAButterfly

This really touched my heart- "You don’t need perfect advice to help someone. Often, being present, listening, and showing kindness is more than enough." This is all we need, right? Just lending an ear and being present with no judgement. That's all. I'm so happy to be here, with people like you i can relate with. Thank you to everyone who make this a sanctuary to come to every time.

1) What is one small way you’ve given support to someone recently?

I guess i do it all the time for everyone around me... in my own little ways.

2) What did you gain from that experience?

Wisdom, love and patience.

3) What is one way you have supported another woman - or been supported by one - that made a real difference in your life?

Its not the same for everyone, though. Some people appreciate the support. Some take it for granted. I have seen both.  I cannot really say much about my friends as i have only a few... but my mother's support has been huge in my life. I guess that's made me who i am today. Strong and resilient.