How can I stop masturbating?

Netherlands

Caroline Middelsdorf, MSc.

I am a warm hearted, patient, calm and open-minded therapist. I am here to dedicate my expertises to my clients and their individual challenges, thoughts and feelings.

Anonymous
Keep yourself occupied with many other activities like studying, reading, playing video games, and many other things. Try and keep yourself in a public setting and you will be less likely to masturbate.
leahlistens2
Masturbation is normal. But if you feel like you are doing it too much or just want to stop, then try and put yourself in situation where you know you can't masturbate. Go out with friends or sit around with family.
Anonymous
i think it's a process of growing up for most. Experimenting with sexual feelings. if persistent in life I would suggest counseling for compulsiveness and escapism.
HelpWisely
There is nothing wrong with masturbating, it is perfectly normal. If you accept this has a normal thing without guilt or shame then it will stop on its own.
pioneeringHuman7287
Masturbating is normal. People do it at least twice a day. It relaxes and if your a girl stops period cramps. So think about how many times your doing it and if it too much then sit on your hands or occupie them so they can't fiddle about
proudPeace77
Tell yourself you can only do it once a week and work from there, turn off all the pornography on your computer and take up knitting or learn to play a musical instrument, which can be equally as soulful and uplifting. Sometimes it is difficult because we feel a huge urge for sex as we are human beings but it always helps to have a distraction from this, even if it is just taking a few deep breaths. What about finding a series on netflix or catch up tv that you can watch an episode of everytime you feel that 'urge'. Alternatively you can seek medical advice. Additionally you could try to make new friends and arrange to meet up with them and do a sports activity.