Why does everyone love to drink, but I completely hate it?

Elena Morales, LMHC

I believe silence creates a cycle. With empathic and collaborative therapy, we break the cycle. I help clients feel validated and supported passed anger, shame, and anxiety.

Anonymous
Life has different meaning to different people . For some people drinking is life , for some it's enjoyment , some people drink because of piere pressure , some drink to numb their pain , some do to show off ..... For me drinking can be very rare or not at all , doing something that is harmful to our body cannot give us happiness at all .
therapinto
March 2nd, 2015 7:14am
Its a matter of choice and the ability to resist alcohol consumption. It also depends on our taste buds. Some people like the taste of alcoholic drinks and some don't. If its not your cup of tea, don't drink it. Its perfectly fine to dislike alcoholic drinks.
cherishedJoy15
Well I love to drink water because it makes my skin glow. But liquor and I aren't friends. :) Thats my story and Im sticking to it.
Anonymous
Everyone loves to drink because everyone loves to drink. It is a paradox of peer pressure. To me alcohol doesnt taste very good and what I have learned to do is whenever someone offers me a drink I say something like "I am the designated driver"
Anonymous
because we are all different. we all have our own taste, likes and dislikes. its ok not to like something everyone likes because its not everyone u r someone and u dont like it and thats totally fine
Probius
Not everyone loves to drink, there are many people who stay away from alcohol. Many people also pretend to like alcohol because they think it will make them look cool. It is perfectly ok to hate alcohol, you don't have to drink if you don't want to. Don't let anyone pressure you to drink when you don't want to.
bubblyRiver41
Hi I suppose it may be because either you have seen the effects alcohol addiction can have on peoples lives and that has put you off. Also it may be perhaps you dont see the attraction in going partying etc because everyone else is .
Yahaans
Drinking is not for everyone. Many people enjoy different things in life. Some enjoy it and some don't, everyone is different I guess that's just the way it is.
MrWhiteSuit17
December 22nd, 2015 6:26pm
Everyone has their own journey to face, and some handle it different from others. Drinking is a damaging habit that acts only as a temporary band-aid for what ever they may be going through. You may have healthier and more productive methods at your disposal, and that is wonderful! It shows a lot about your initiative. Just remember to lend an ear to those who drink. The issue may be a little deeper, and you may just be the one to help them out.
DragonEye
Some people drink to forget bad things that have happened to them in their lifetime; however, if you're feeling pressured to drink then there is no way you should. If you don't like to do it, don't do it! It's as simple as saying no - and once you learn to say no, you can slowly start growing confident with yourself. It's normal to have personal dislikes and likes, it's really just up to your preference. But don't let anyone tell you that because you don't drink it makes you "uncool". If you don't want to or don't like it, then don't!
2cupsofteaa
Well nothing wrong with that! It's just individual preferences. You may associate negative memories to it while others don't, or perhaps you just don't like the taste? Either ways, it's fine! Probably a good thing for you too in the long run.