Will my anxiety ever go away?

Will my anxiety ever go away?

Dorothy Paige, MS Psychology

I believe that any issue that prevents one from living life to the fullest or prevents self love is defeating. I am committed to providing support to anyone who seeks help.

Anonymous
It will, but don't expect it to happen overnight. Things like these take time and talking to someone (whether they are professional or not) can help you through the rough times that anxiety can have with it. Just don't give up.
Anonymous
Yes.. Have a strong will power and learn to deal with your anxiety.. Find out ways to lower it by diverting your mund.. And keeping yourself engaged
hopefulParadise19
yes sure anxiety can able to cure,we must need to mantain peace and calmness,it is always to belive with ourself
MallyMalxo
I've had anxiety way before I even knew what anxiety was. I've been put on several medications, which helped a little, but once I had to do an oral presentation, or requiring for me to do anything around people I wasn't familiar with. I don't think anxiety ever goes away. The littlest things make me anxious.
faisyah865
January 22nd, 2016 4:40pm
It will, if you learn to make friends, to be yourself. Slowly, the anxiety will go away as you become more confident and let yourself shine.
Anonymous
January 22nd, 2016 10:14pm
Yes, it will go away if you work on feeling better, it takes patience, perseverance and support that you can find it here at 7cups
TheFaerie
It depends. It's really all about changing your way of thinking and coping with things. There are lots of ways to deal with and fight anxiety.
nlpinspiration
Yes... You just need to work on yourself, start practicing meditation or yoga, start some kind of sports activity, join a club. This are the steps for start changing the mindset.
Anonymous
Yes. If work on controlling it continues instead of allowing it to control you. It will diminish a little bit at a time. It will not go away if you are not actively engaged in helping yourself to learn techniques to control it.
riverscene13
Anxiety can go away it really is possible. You have to let go of your fear and have faith. It can help to do relaxation techniques and maybe talk to someone about your anxiety.
Anonymous
As someone who has been struggling with anxiety for years I can tell you that anxiety is different for everyone and different every day. There is no one way to combat anxiety but it should not stop you from living your life, you simply have to embrace it and allow it to make you a stronger individual.
Claire91
I so wish I could say yes with 100% certainty. I'm not a licensed professional, but from what I know, I think it is difficult to completely get rid of anxiety, especially chronic anxiety, i.e. like an anxiety disorder. That said, there are certainly ways to manage anxiety, and I imagine probably to the point where it is virtually no longer an issue in your life, and when rough times do come up, you can have coping skills to better handle the issue and minimize anxiety. I guess the thing about anxiety is that to some extent, even though we are generally no longer in need of anxiety for survival - like from an evolutionary standpoint, we don't need that adrenaline to have us on high alert of predators - some anxiety can still be useful in certain situations (or so I'm told, to be honest). For example, performing onstage, public speaking, completing a project or goal by a deadline - these are all situations in which some amount of anxiety can be sort of an important 'fuel', if you will. That said, excessive anxiety sucks, and I do hope you have the opportunity to see a professional to be able to manage it, because you deserve to live without anxiety wreaking havoc on your life. In the meantime, there are many wonderful listeners on 7 Cups who will gladly listen to your concerns about anxiety, and there is also an anxiety support room, in which guided discussions on anxiety are held often.
Anonymous
Yes. Working on the issues that give you anxiety can definitely help you overcome them. Also, trying healthy coping mechanisms such as mediation, exercise and stress-reducing activities.
modestWheel7259
Severe anxiety with fear
Sintix
Anxiety, as most mental disorders has triggers. Certain situations, things, or people could be linked to that main trigger even. If you analyze your next anxiety attack or moment, you can find your trigger and work on it. Your anxiety won't last forever. If you find you are worried/anxious all the time without end, you should definitely get professional help. With all that being said, just know everyone is anxious about something. It's a natural human emotion and/or reaction to certain things. You are not alone.
WatchingOverYou
In one word: Absolutely! In two words: Absolutely yes! In three words: Definitely it will! You got my point. Anyway, anxiety is the most common mental ill issue, which means you are not alone and it has been very well researched, thus being very treatable. CBT (Cognitive Behavior Therapy) is one of the most powerful antidotes. Also consult a medical doctor and try to fit it some form of meditation and/or exercise. Learning how to better breathe is essential. These are all test-proven forms of beating up anxiety till you reach full recovery, and it is important that you are not afraid do seek for help (it truly IS a sign of strenght!) and never ever give up on yourself and well-being.
Sealiously
The short answer to your question is, yes. Anxiety is like a hurdle and everyone can get over it. When your anxiety will pass is a whole different question, no-one knows. Everyone is unique in their own way and it can take some people longer than others to do so as well as that there is different ways to help for everyone. Keep believing and pushing yourself and you will get there! Patience is key and there is always a space and a listening ear for you over in the Anxiety Sub-community if you haven't joined it already! We would love to have you! :)
Lostinthechaos86
I think the anxiety gets better when we learn what the trigger is and how to handle it. Mine got worse when my mom passed away. It wasn't long after that I learned my trigger was the fear of losing the people love. I can't say that I have it under control but I am working on it and it has gotten better. I think anxiety can go away it just takes time and work for that to happen. For some it is a lot harder than it is for others. What always seemed to make it worse for me is not having someone who understood anxiety and that you can't just turn it off and on.
Anonymous
For some it does but it takes time. Time is the ultimate solution. However, personally for me it hasn’t never gone away. It goes and returns. But what helps me is being around the people I love, doing things that keep me busy and focused. Anxiety is a very fluid entity. It’s different for everyone. For some it’s minor and for others it’s consuming and mind gobbling, and so there is no straight forward solution for it. Over time, you learn how to compress it, how to control it, therefore you will come to a point where you’re like okay I can beat this.