How do I independently motivate myself?

How do I independently motivate myself?

Stacey Kiger, LPC

My belief is that therapy is not about giving advice, but joining you on your journey

brightCandy74
"Always be yourself and have faith in yourself. Do not go out and look for a successful personality and try to duplicate it." - Bruce Lee Motivation works at its best only when you are the one to motivate you. If we keep finding answer to our problem outside, then our answer seeking ritual continues till the end and nothing is going to satisfy you. By chance, if something from outside motivates you, It does not last forever. So the best thing is, " Keep motivating yourself" by feeding good thoughts into your brain and gather all your will power to enable or restart your life in a way desired by you.
allnaturalUnicorns70
There are lots of ways to motivate yourself, and positive motivations are the most successful. That could include reminding yourself of how good you'll feel as you move towards your goal, or rewards and incentives along the way. Good luck in your journey!!
Anonymous
Always stay positive in your mind. Try to surround yourself around things that may motivate you. Find a mentor, this helps.
Anonymous
just think about your good future and you will be automatically self motivated. this thing really helps me a lot.
Daisy1579
You are unique in this universe. Many people tend to live someone else's life. Please remember that you are different, don't make universe loose a person like you. Think in a positive attitude, know your Good's and band's. Try to self introspect. Try to know what makes you happy. Care about you more and less care others. Don't give power to anyone who can belittle you. Whatever you are, you are beautiful different and only one. You are your own boss, you know more about you than anyone else. Be strong, positive and happy. Good luck!!
Honeypuffs99
You can keep a journal of your progress, you can set up a plan over the tasks you have ahead of you, you can come up with some sort of reward system for yourself etc.
Dorin4You
The way I independently motivate myself is by looking at the changes it will have for me in the long run. I see that yes it might be hard at the starting point, but at the end looking back I get to see how much growth was involved by doing it. I always see that what ever I do to motivate myself is becuase I want to better my self and only myself.
Anonymous
Set goals for yourself!! Set achievable goals that progressively increase in difficulty and set dates for completion. Eventually you'll see yourself feeling motivated to complete these goals!!
Anonymous
It depends on what you want to get motivated for, i think it really helps to write down what you want to achieve and then write the advantages of the things you will have when u achieved tour goal!
PixelPeculiarity
I independently motivate myself by looking in my mirror every morning and giving myself a compliment. I eat healthy and delicious meals that will help me grow. I surround myself with people that I trust and understand and are my friends. I reflect on all the greatest aspects of myself to keep myself happy.
sereneWriting55
I had a writer friend who would buy a ring she loved - and wouldn't let herself wear it until the book she was working on was sent to the publisher. I think sometimes - we need to find ways to reward ourselves to get some things done - but make sure the reward is worth the effort - and be sure not to indulge yourself until the task is completed.
Anonymous
You need to think about the end goal. A lot of people say that you shouldn't focus on the big goal but small goals, but it really does help to also focus on the big picture because ultimately that's the reason that you're doing any of it
friendlyPerspective32
It depends. What are you trying to motivate yourself to do? I don't know your personal situation, but it may help to find inspiration in role models (ones you don't necessarily know, but who you may read about through books). Whenever you lack motivation or courage, try to think about them. What would they do in your situation? In what ways do they exude the confidence that you lack? Also, another way of motivating yourself is by thinking about your personal dreams and goals. What, internally/intrinsically, do you want to achieve? By intrinsically, I mean things that motivate you for personal reasons (rather than for fame, money, etc.) Intrinsic motivation, for example, can be self-knowledge. Once you know what your primary goal is, you find deeper purpose in your actions. This should help you independently motivate yourself.
PuddinsHarlee
The easiest way to independently motivate yourself is to find something that you are passionate about and strive for progress toward a smaller goal in your passion at the time. Small steps lead to big victories.
Lovetheskinyourin
Tell yourself that you can do it you are an amazing person continue to strive to do your best you are your biggest cheerleader!
RainAndPines
I motivate myself by finding something small that I can do or acheive to get myself on on the right path. Even something as small as making your bed, going for a walk or having a healthy meal can put you in mood to continue your progress. A series of small, easily acheivable goals can get you to where you want to be. Each successful step will give you the strength to move forward.
Anonymous
Firstly, don't compare yourself to anyone else! Establish your values and then create smaller goals to get you there. As you complete those goals and feel a sense of achievement and accomplishment, you are building forward momentum and motivation to keep going!
Anonymous
Start off by setting small goals. Reward yourself when you accomplish a goal, perhaps by taking a short nap or watching an episode of netflix. Strive to achieve bigger goals as time wears on, and respectively reward yourself with bigger rewards (going out for supper with a friend for example).
Sunshine201
A small but significant initiative can be taken, by setting small targets or goals to achieve, On achieving one goal, reward yourself with something you love to indulge in, it serves as a motivation ,for making efforts to achieve next bigger goal, Reading some inspirational books, once in a while, is another way to instill motivation within oneself, The most important thing is positive self talk, keep saying nice and encouraging phrases to yourself in your mind. We listen to ourselves, and what we say to ourself, affect our feelings and actions. These are some of the ways to motivate yourself independently.
AfterAllThisTimeAlways
I motivate myself trough looking what I want to achieve in the future. I want to make a better future for everyone, but I'll know it needs effort.
Anonymous
I personally have an inclination to reading informative and educative articles online and from printed media. If I feel more curious and / or stuck in a situation, I happen to have a real, meaningful and insightful conversations with any of closest amongst family and friends. Alongside, I must admit 7 Cups of tea and many online resources have really been helpful whenever I have not found anyone in the real world to interact with.
Charldavis41
You can find a specific thing you want to change or a goal you want to achieve, then set a time frame or a result/place you want to get to. then each day do something towards achieving it, giving yourself regular rewards. but remember to keep track of your progress.
Anonymous
That's a great question, and I say that because most people seek motivation externally. The fact that you aim on cultivating it internally is a huge plus. I think what you need to focus on is being better everyday and working towards your desired goals by learning from yesterday's mistakes, applying them in the present and working towards a better future. This cycle starts with a few goals and a lot of conviction, in time I believe you'd become habitual to taking small steps daily ! Good luck
p3ngu1n
Find your goal, what you do that thing for! Keep that thing in mind, and don't lose it! Sometimes its really hard to do that. everyone has to come to a time, when he/she is tired of the hardwork. It's natural. Maybe you can skip 1-2 days of your exercise, have a beer with friends or whatever, that's ok. But don't lose focus for much time! Say yourself: I CAN do it, because I WANT to do it! It often helps if you watch back, what you've already accomplished. Also do that sometimes! Sometimes a short motivation video might help too. Not every day, 'cause in that case it loses its power. Take care, I know you'll make it! :)
WatchingOverYou
First it is very important that you know yourself very well, thus knowing what types of things will work with you and which won't. Reading books, looking for online websites and exercising at home are all great things you can do on your own to motivate yourself.
Anonymous
I push myself to do task which I am not interested in. Keeping in mind I need to take care of myself and have to do good in life. I exercise regularly and try to eat home made healthy food.
Anonymous
Sometimes motivation is easily lost when too big a bite (goal) is taken in one view. I find it best to separate things as needed into smaller, more manageable steps. Writing them down, allowing you to check off each as you go along, is quite satisfying. The number and size of steps can vary per a person and that is perfectly fine. With each step succeeded, a sense of accomplishment should be felt with a burst of motivation to climb for the next.
Antimony
January 3rd, 2018 10:40am
listen to encouraging music, or make your own mantra that you can actually follow to and abide to it
Youleque
Find both short-term and long-term goals for what you have to do. Tell yourself that after you finish doing it, you will feel more productive and accomplished and think about the long-term goals aswell to keep yourself motivated after finishing what you have to do aswell.
soulTaco29
There is no one-single way to motivate yourself. What works for someone might not work for you. Heck, what worked for you a couple of months ago, might not work for your now. This is a chance for you to use your knowledge of yourself, and get creative! Here are some things that have worked for me in the past: spend time every day imagining the best version of yourself; use an application that tracks how many days you complete a task in a row; research and get involved in what you need to be motivated to do (e.g. search 'fitness' on Instagram or Google 'easy home workouts' if you are trying to get fit); create a goals and rewards system; play music in the morning to get you up in the morning; do little things to prepare and make getting motivated easier...