How much adversity can healthy person tolerate without harm for their emotional well being?

Penny Dahlen, Ed.D., LPC

I am committed to helping you find your passion, heal old wounds, and flow smoother in all aspects of your life path! I use a compassionate listening approach.

mialistener
December 22nd, 2019 10:57am
Hello. Well, there is no general answer. Since we are all different, this is unique for everyone. Many contributing factors come into play: what are your complex emotions, your past, your distinct personality... Also, what kind of adversity is it, when, with whom, in what place, in what context... Health can have an influence thereon but not necessarily. I nevertheless think that in general, when this adversity and suffered and causes discomfort, it is not tolerable for a long time, and should be stopped instantly. If you are seeking a personal answer, I invite you to discuss it with a listener, this could allow you to see more clearly. :)