Why do I feel the need to be told what to do and how can I change that?

April Zamzow, CSW, MA, LPC

There are many times in our lives when we could use an ear to listen and help us through the things that we are struggling with. I can do that.

WithHappyDay3010
Good Morning! Why do I feel the need to be told what to do and how can I change it? Because I need to improve myself, and progress as a personal being and a social being. The way I changed it: 1. Appreciating the notification, I consider it constructive criticism, not personal attack. 2. I keep thinking positive, I listen carefully ~ whoever is talking that ... 3. Then I analyze what he said, and reflect on myself ... I will accept that with wisely, gratitude and grace ... 4. Then become motivated to have a change for good, and promise myself, that I must get better. ... 5. If there are people who constantly criticize without seeing the good side of me, then I will recognize them as envy and correcting people, then I will keep my distance from toxic people like this. So I always appreciate myself with all the good changes that occur and feel comfortable in this life. Thanks.