I was in a relationship with a narcissist and went through emotional abuse. I know I had trauma bonds with him now I feel lost and scared to fall in love again. Is there anything I can do to help me improve in this area?

Netherlands

Caroline Middelsdorf, MSc.

I am a warm hearted, patient, calm and open-minded therapist. I am here to dedicate my expertises to my clients and their individual challenges, thoughts and feelings.

AngelC77
It is completely normal to feel this way. It can take time to heal the wounds left from a narcissist. Taking the time to learn about yourself and fully love yourself again is a great way to heal. Knowing these feelings are normal and embracing them can help. You will be capable of finding love again. Take it slow and love yourself. Pay close attention to any new relationships so you can recognize any early warning signs of a narcissist. It can take time to get over them but know that not everyone is a narcissist and it's okay to let yourself love again. Good luck!