How can i know for sure if im a lesbian or just bisexual?

Kendall Alvis, MA LPC

I provide a safe, accepting and positive therapeutic relationship to clients working through challenging situations including depression, anxiety, and adjustment issues.

kindmusic
Well, sexuality is very fluid. You might be a lesbian now, or "seemingly" a lesbian, because you've only encountered women that you're attracted to. It is possible that someday you will become attracted to a man, and there's nothing wrong with that. Your sexuality doesn't have to fit in one neat pre-defined box. It's okay if you develop an attraction to men, when you previously thought you were not attracted to them at all. It's also okay to never develop feelings for a man. If you feel more comfortable identifying as a lesbian, you can identify as a lesbian until you no longer feel it's the proper description for your sexuality.
deserve
March 2nd, 2015 5:40pm
If you're not sure it's totally fine. Remember that you can love everyone - all love is real love. There's no need to rush with putting a label on it.
Euphoria17
Only time will tell. You can ask yourself : can i picture myself with a guy in the future as in can I possibly get married to a guy or do i only imagine myself with a girl?
Anonymous
There is no other way than to listen to your own feelings. Just know that it's alright to be any of the two, or bisexual with a preference - the only thing that matters here is your own self.
kindheartedSky78
I would really love to be able to answer this question for you as this must cause a lot of confusion for you. I guess that the only one who can answer this question is you. Personally I do not feel it massively important to label yourself. What do you think?
Anonymous
If you are a lesbian you have no interest in boys at all, you aren't attracted to them and none of them are cute. You don't find there bodies erotic or sexual in anyway. If you're bisexual it just means that you are attracted to both sexes.
Anonymous
I'm a firm believer about the notion that the only one that can truly decide your sexuality is you. Your sexual identity is solely about your interests, and views. Looking up the definitions, experimentation, and talking to lesbians and bisexuals are also good methods.
exquisitelife37
Well, I would say that if you experience any attraction to males, you would be bisexual, but if it's strictly an attraction to females, you would be a lesbian. However, these are just labels, and not everyone needs a label. You love whoever you want to love.
Mac21
You may get some clarity with a bit of time. Just try to remember that you can identify as something and then later down the track discover that the label may not fit you very well. It's okay to change if its what you feel is right for you. Nothing is set in stone.
Anonymous
If you feel something more for just girls then you're lesbian. But you have feelings for both -boy and girl- then you're bisexual.
Anonymous
It just takes time. Let yourself feel every emotion that pops up. No matter the gender of that person. Labels like bisexual and lesbian can empower, but don't force them. You'll know when it is time.
GurlYouIsPerf
It all depends on who you are attracted to.
WittyWaterMelon
Bisexual: When you love some people of either sex & can't provide a rational, cogent, logical explanation for it. It doesn't matter me and I think it's worth contemplating if it should matter you
TaintedHaze
If you're even questioning this chances are you are bisexual. You might have a slight preference towards females which isn't unheard of. Your sexuality is all your own and you may identify however you'd like.
Depending on which sex you are attracted to. Sexuality is a very tricky thing, it takes time and effort to know which sexuality you are. But take all the time you need as this will be something that you will have to leave with for life.
Deadboy666
Do you need to throw a label onto your self? Yes labels help you figure out who you are but they also change all the time. Why does it matter who you like? You fall in love with a person after all
coffeeprincess
Honestly, sexuality labels should be used by the individual for the individual. If using the label lesbian fits your experiences or what you wish to experience, then you are a lesbian. If you're more comfortable with the label bisexual, you can use that label. A lot of women experience some attraction to men (often termed 'compulsory heterosexuality') and still call themselves lesbians, because they choose to prioritize their attraction to women. The best part is, if you choose one label now you can always change it in the future. Your sexuality and experiences belong to you, and you alone.
listenercat5678
Only you can know. However, lesbians are only attracted to women, while bisexual people are attracted to both men and women.
Kiar
With time and exploring yourself, make experiences, explore, try something and if you don't like it or you don't feel sure about it then there's the answer. Don't be afraid of explore your tastes.
ItsDev
Bisexuality varies between every person. Some bisexual people. For example, some people might lean more towards males than females or vice versa and still be bisexual. It doesn't matter how much you lean towards a specific gender (or lack of), you can still be bisexual if you are attracted towards more than one gender at all. I would say just take your time and try to figure it out naturally :)
lovingTree37
Try it! Be with guys be with girls enjoy yourself and if you prefer girls to guys fine! If not also fine! It's a spectrum you may even prefer girls but are still attracted to some guys the key is experience
Anonymous
You will know trust me, If you feel someone, go with what your heart tells you and never give up, one day your find out I promise, I can not answer that because only you know the true answer.