Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What activities or hobbies bring you joy and make you feel alive?

User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 December 19th, 2024

Check in 50+ for December 19 to December 22, 2024

image_1734650832.png

52
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 December 22nd, 2024

"make you feel alive" might be going a bit far in my case, but if you're talking pursuits other than visual art, I'm always happy when building things out of wood.

4 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP December 23rd, 2024

@slowdecline48

I share that hobby with you, love to work with wood too. Did you build anything recently?

3 replies
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 December 24th, 2024

@amiablePeace77 Didn't build anything recently, but I did finish something: my 9th cane. Finally got it done after getting sidetracked with other projects, & flare-ups, etc. way too many times. I had to finish it because if I didn't get it done this year, with the way my life will go for the next few years it would've never gotten done at all...haven't taken pics yet, though.

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP December 24th, 2024

@slowdecline48

Congratulations to your 9th cane! Would love to see a picture. 

load more
User Profile: slowdecline48
slowdecline48 December 24th, 2024

Also I didn't know you like to build too. Have you shown your projects anywhere online?

load more
load more
December 24th, 2024

When I take time for myself. Like when I have a cup of tea and truly savor every sip. I feel more connected to the present moment. And when I'm there for others, helping them ease their pain. It brings me a sense of fulfillment and peace 🍀✨

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP December 24th, 2024

@CallmeAnaa

I hear you! Being there for others to to give them some comfort is very fulfilling to me too.

load more
User Profile: Ashly9053
Ashly9053 December 27th, 2024

Painting brings me joy


1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP December 27th, 2024

@Ashly9053

Nice! Do you have a preferred painting genre?

load more
User Profile: xucaen
xucaen December 27th, 2024

Well I'm going through a bit of rediscovering myself. I've been blogging and making yt videos.. I love when I can look back on something I made. I've got some craft projects I want to start. Traveling is something I love to do and sing do enough. Last trip was 2019

7 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP December 28th, 2024

@xucaen

You seem to be very talented! I hope you can travel again soon if that's what you like to do. Where did you go in 2019 if I may ask?

6 replies
User Profile: xucaen
xucaen December 29th, 2024

I went to Amsterdam and spent New Year's Eve in Niagara Falls.

5 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP December 30th, 2024

@xucaen

Wow, that must have been amazing!

4 replies
User Profile: xucaen
xucaen December 30th, 2024

I love Niagara falls. I've been trying to go back since but covid always seemed to get in the way.💚

3 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP January 1st, 2025

@xucaen

I hope it will work out for you again soon! May I ask if you're suffering from long covid or from the restrictions which have been made due to it?

2 replies
User Profile: xucaen
xucaen January 2nd, 2025

All of the above. Couldn't travel until 2022 and that when I got covid the first time. I do have a weird brain fog that happens frequently since I had covid.. and that was bad during that last week as well. Rn I'm out of work so can not afford to travel. But every now and then I like to look at deals, like to Florida keys. I'd go there today if I could afford it ✨🏖️

1 reply
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP January 2nd, 2025

@xucaen

I hope there will be an awesome deal soon for you 🤞

load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib January 2nd, 2025

@amiablePeace77 my favorite food comfort spa days regaining skills resting training working hard it’s my badge 

3 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP January 2nd, 2025

@dhabib

Sounds nice! I love spa days and do them regularly at home. Are you going into a spa or pampering yourself?

2 replies
User Profile: dhabib
dhabib April 8th, 2025

@amiablePeace77 me to I need that it helps my dad bothers me he starts being disrespectful not normal annoying I constantly get afraid of him 

User Profile: dhabib
dhabib April 8th, 2025

@amiablePeace77 I do a spa day at home it’s taking care of stress anixety dead skin meditation essential oils it’s lavender 

load more
load more
User Profile: akunknown
akunknown January 2nd, 2025

@amiablePeace77

Distancing myself from people who take my happiness away being around them, listening to music, dancing in any way depending on what song is playing, giving myself some well earned well deserved well needed me time. 

2 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP January 2nd, 2025

@akunknown

What you do shows you care about yourself! 👍

1 reply
User Profile: akunknown
akunknown January 3rd, 2025

@amiablePeace77

Thanks a lot!

load more
load more
User Profile: helianthus19
helianthus19 January 2nd, 2025

@amiablePeace77 i really love playing guitar! it's like a melody for my soul. i also love drawing, writing and reading. and also i love wool felting!

3 replies
User Profile: amiablePeace77
amiablePeace77 OP January 3rd, 2025

@helianthus19

Those are great activities to support your mental health too! I never knew about wool felting so just googled it, sounds interesting!

2 replies
User Profile: helianthus19
helianthus19 January 3rd, 2025

Thank you! it sure is. i mostly make little stuffed animals (:

load more
load more
User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 April 8th, 2025

Doing art in the sun <3

User Profile: jesusredeemedme2425
jesusredeemedme2425 April 8th, 2025

Doing art in the sun <3