Come See Iceberg Alley Icebergs, Seals & Polar Bears Springtime in Newfoundland Canada
Did you know that Canada has an Iceberg Alley? 💕
Iceberg Alley stretches from the coast of Labrador to the southeast coast of the island of Newfoundland. Most of the more popular spots (like St. Anthony, Bonavista, Twillingate, Bonavista and St. John's/Cape Spear) are accessible by road.
Here in springtime, you will see nature in its raw rugged beauty such as icebergs, ice flows, seals 🦭, polar bears 🐻❄️, whales 🐋 , puffins 🐧 and so much more! The season lasts a few months so check back often to see the photos…..
Spending time in nature is linked to both cognitive benefits and improvements in mood, mental health and emotional well-being. Feeling connected to nature can produce similar benefits to well-being, regardless of how much time one spends outdoors.
What are the seasonal activities outside that bring you JOY and PEACE? Is your area known for outdoor activities?😎
@SunShineAlwaysGrateful
@SunShineAlwaysGrateful These are all so beautiful! The blue of the icebergs is so vivid! And of course the animals are awesome! Thank you for sharing these! :)
@mytwistedsoul
Glacier ice is blue because the red (long wavelengths) part of white light is absorbed by ice and the blue (short wavelengths) light is transmitted and scattered. The longer the path light travels in ice, the more blue it appears.
You are most welcome. I live in a beautiful province in Eastern Canada 🇨🇦 and I enjoy sharing the iceberg season here at 7cups. 💕💕💕💕
@SunShineAlwaysGrateful That is so cool! I never knew that's what caused it to be so blue! Tbh lol I thought it had to do with temperature 😂 the bluer it was the colder it was 😅😂
@SunShineAlwaysGrateful
LOL, this is the same principle that makes sky blue or sunsets red. Yet, i didn't know it applied to ice too. Live and learn. Especially, since i considered myself a science enthusiast when young. Of course I'm not young anymore and appreciate finer and better things in life, like beauty.
Some of the those pictures are so amazingly beautiful and unusual, they almost look like photoshopped. Especially since SunShine started this thread on April 1st. I'm sure she didn't want to fool us all.
@LostTurtle2
Yes you are correct about one of these lol 😂…
Iceberg season is spectacular. Sadly the shape of this planet make it so sad that when I was growing absolutely zero iceberg.. Climate change is real.
Our tourism industry has exploded because of Iceberg Alley. It is lovely to share it for those who don’t realize that it exists ….







