Get to know your amazing Ambassadors!
7 Cups AMBASSADORSSSS!!!
We have a team of highly dedicated, amazing ambassadors who help with many behind the scenes projects. Any project you can think of, they've probably helped with it. This is a group of highly talented listeners who are helping the 7 Cups community in a very dynamic and specific ways. They provide invaluable support to our community and community managers. They have their feet wet in most projects,
I'd love for the entire community get to know them! Using this form, you can ask them a question! They will reply to questions in the order they were received.
Ask them questions about:
- who they are as people
- their best listening tips
- projects they work on
- things they love about 7 cups
- hobbies
I would love for you all to get to know this amazing group, honor them, support them and <3 them!
@Anomalia
@bookworm4
@Dillion
@EvelyneRose
@fluffyUnicorns84
@Jenna
@KristenHR
@Mark5
@MissZ
@Monbon
@Pali
@poeticguy
@PolarCat
@PoliteOcean
@Power
@QuickJazz
(Ambassador team updated 5/9/2017 by Jenna)





It's been a while since I've done this, so I'll answer some more now! :)
How do you relax after a busy day?
It depends on the day, but in general, spending a bit of time with my roommates, drinking some tea, reading, singing, or watching a bit of TV all help me relax at the end of the day. :)
Who's the person you care the most about in real life?
Oh, man...a single person? That feels unfair! :) I suppose it's either my parents or my roommates.
What's your favourite food?
I'm so bad at questions that involve picking a single favorite! Right now I'm really craving sushi, so let's go with that!
What's your next goal in life?
To get a new job that sets me on a faster career path - I love what I do right now and my company, but I don't think there's a lot of room for career growth here, so I'm working to find somewhere new.
What's the hardest part in being an Ambassador?
I think my answer for this one would vary by the day, but right now, I think it's feeling like it's tough to take a break because when I leave for a day I feel a bit overwhelmed by the messages and notifications. I think there's also a struggle sometimes in feeling responsible for a lot without always having the ability to actually impact change in certain areas.
What is your funniest, silliest or most memorable 7 Cups moment?
Hmmm...possible the first forum team meeting that had forum mentors, supporters, and friends all in one group support room! It was a lot of fun to get to have everyone together, we had some awesome brainstorming, and somehow Cool Beans became an obsession. :)
Is it hard being that awesome? When do you get time to catch a breath?
Yup, super hard!
I don't get enough time to catch a breath, but I work a bit of time into each day to do something I enjoy, whether that's rehearsals with my a cappella group, tv time with my roommates, or a cup of tea and a good book.
What was your first thought when you found out that you were becoming an ambassador?
Honestly, it was mostly confusion! I was nominated and it was entirely unexpected, and I was a bit shocked and not sure I was a good choice for the role / felt like I hadn't been here long enough, etc. Following the initial shock, I was very honored, but still pretty concerned about if I was the right fit and if I could commit to what the role required. But once I actually became an ambassador, I was incredibly excited and thrilled to have been considered for it!
What do your friends and family think about the work that you do here?
It's a mixed bag - a lot of them are pretty confused about what exactly it is that I do and why I spend so many hours doing it, but those who understand it think it's a really great mission and a lucky find for me to have a place I can volunteer that fits my life so well and is really flexible. Without knowing the term, I've been an active listener for years, so those who know me well see it as a great fit.
What is a listening tip that most people don't use, but you find very vital?
Hard to say what most people do or don't do, but I know I hear a lot of listeners concerned that if they try to set boundaries, it will upset the member, get them a bad review, or make things worse in general, and that's not at all what I have found. I am pretty firm with my boundaries - whether that's the fact that I require people to set times with me, rather than just randomly being available, the limits I have for any given chat, or whatever else - and I would say 98% of the time, my members are very understanding, accommodate those boundaries, and we are able to move forward productively. Like in all things, I think communication is key. So when people are concerned that leaving the chat will upset someone, I find that usually with a bit of warning (I usually tell people when I have to leave in about 10 minutes), and a reassurance that we can set up some more time later, almost everyone is completely fine with it! :)
Thanks to the wonderful @PoliteCup86 for the reminder, I'm bringing back this thread and hope that my fellow ambassadors will join in! @FluffyUnicorns84 @EvelyneRose @PoeticGuy @PolarCat @MissZ @QuickJazz @Mark5 @Dillion @Lee @MonBon @Pali
Which part of the side you feel more challenging to deal with the teen or adult side?
I don't know that one is more challenging than the other, but they can be quite different at times. More than anything, this question is making me realize that I've neglected the teen side too much lately, so I'll be making an effort to sneak back in there soon! :)
What is your dream job? if you already got a job what is your dream position to be?
Well, if we remove talent from the equation, my absolute dream job would be to be a Broadway Star. But it turns out they actually have quite strict requirements for talent that I don't exactly meet...so in a slightly more realistic sense, I would love to help companies to understand how to better create mentally healthy workplaces and cultures, through speaking efforts, trainings, and consulting.
What is one thing that keeps you going every day?
Hmmm...I would probably have to say either the incredible strength, courage, and vulnerability that the guests and members on this site show every day, which never ceases to amaze and inspire me, or the constant flow of love and support from @Cadence @ZaraSmiles @Lyra @MusicalMagic and a few other beautiful angels here!
What is your favourite thing to do for self care?
That varies a little bit based on my mood, but it's often some combination of reading, spending some time with friends, or singing. Or if I don't have time for something big, I try to do even just a bit of time signed off of here, maybe with a cup of tea and a favorite song to listen to. One thing that really helps me manage my self-care overall is that I very rarely come on 7 Cups at all during the weekend - having 2 days away from it helps me to recharge and feel energized about coming back. I always recommend having at least one day (or even afternoon!) a week that you focus on you instead of on 7 Cups.
Which room you love spending time in the most?
I am not much of a chatroom person in general, so I tend to stick to the forums. I do really enjoy both the Listener Support Room and Teen Listeners room because it's wonderful to see people supporting each other and sharing listening tips. And while it's not open except for meetings, I have to give a shoutout to my Forum Team Room because I love having the forum team all in there together - mentors, supporters, and friends!
What inspired you to be a teen/adult listener?
When I started here (and to some extent still today), I focused the majority of my time supporting in the Eating Disorders forum, and I hated when I would respond to someone with support, but couldn't invite them to message me if they needed to chat because of the age boundary. Because I felt that I had a lot I could offer teens, particularly those struggling with eating disorders, based on my experience, I was really excited to be able to become an A/T listener!
@Lyra asked (ages ago) If there was one thing you could change about 7 Cups, what would it be?
I would find a way to wave a magic wand and fix the quality issues, I absolutely would. To be more specific, I would like to have a better way of quickly figuring out when there are bad reviews whether it was a ) a bad fit between member and listener - no one's fault, b ) a listener who needs to learn and develop but wants to be a good listener and who we can give resources to, c ) a listener who isn't coming here with good intentions, or d ) something else entirely. I think if we had a clear way of knowing that, we could much more quickly fix the issues and get the right resources to the right people.
@Lyra also asked What's your number one favourite resource to give to mentees or new listeners?
Depends a bit on if they come with a particular question in mind, but I really like lists, so I almost always share @ZaraSmiles 's top tips for listening and remind them of the Listener Support Room as a great place to get extra help, mentorship, etc. Also, if they indicate even a half a percent of interest in the forums, I send them right to @Lyra's own Dipping Your Toes in the Forum post!
And one more from @Lyra was What do you think PB stands for/ What would you like it to stand for? (I have my suspicions, but I want to hear it from the top)
I actually looked everywhere to figure this out and I believe the technical answer is Paul Buchheit who was the fellow who coined Google's mission statement of "Don't be evil". But if I could choose, I rather like Panda Bear. :)
If you have more questions to ask, you can fill them in here!
@Anomalia
thanks for sharing, very inspiring answers
Which part of the side you feel more challenging to deal with the teen or adult side?
I think both sides have their ups and downs, just as anything else does. For me personally, I think the adult side is a bit more difficult because we have a lot of teens transitioning over and that can be hard sometimes.
What is your dream job? if you already got a job what is your dream position to be?
I am currently in my dream job :O I love working in the Mental Health Community!
What is one thing that keeps you going every day?
The one thing that keeps me going is being able to help so many people and know that I am making a difference, even if it's a small one, it's something and that is okay with me.
What is your favourite thing to do for self care?
Self care... Hmmm I think I'd like to say spending time with family, but well, that's ideal, but realistically, I love the outdoors, and fishing. Fishing fishing fishing! I could fish all day.
Which room you love spending time in the most?
I tend to show up most of the time in the Teen Listener Room to hangout with our amazing teens!
What inspired you to be a teen/adult listener?
I've been a teen before, and I remember how I was, and I want to try to support as many teens that go through this as much as possible. It really makes my day when I do that too!
@Lyra asked (ages ago) If there was one thing you could change about 7 Cups, what would it be?
If I could change something, it would be our community involvement, and have better ways of getting information out to everyone and making sure they understand what is going on, instead of being left in the dark.
@Lyra also asked What's your number one favourite resource to give to mentees or new listeners?
I always tell any of my mentee's it starts with Empathy, so I always provide my empathy resources to them :)
And one more from @Lyra was What do you think PB stands for/ What would you like it to stand for? (I have my suspicions, but I want to hear it from the top)
Proud Buttercup? That's what came to mind at first! Haha!!!
If you have more questions to ask, you can fill them in here!
I always love reading these answers when you all take the time to post them.
Thanks for sharing with us!
@Iara asked (super long time ago) As an ambassador super dedicated to teens, what was your first experience with the teen side like?
Loved it from the first minute ;). I was given the Teen Mentor badge and joined the chatroom right away. We had like 2 or 3 Listeners online and there was a little on-going drama for like two days but it was funny in the end and it was a great bonding time with fellow Teen Mentors.
@Lyra asked (super long time ago) What was your first thought when you found out that you'd won the (very highly deserved) PB award?
It felt good to be awarded next to the awesome @Lukas and now also @Anomalia :)
@Lyra also asked: What do you think PB stands for/ What would you like it to stand for? (I have my suspicions, but I want to hear it from the top)
Im a big foodie, so I ‘ve always read PB as Peanut Butter and always will!
What is your wish for 7cups?
My wish for 7 Cups is that when someone needs to vent, they can log in and connect quickly with a high-quality Listener who will be empathetic and compassionate with them and by the end fo the chat the person will feel better :)
Did you ever agree with a feedback a listener have said in the forums deep down in your heart but because you are an ambassador you tried to remain professional and just said something completely against what is deep down in your heart?
No. Im not much of a forum-poster nowadays but back in time when I did participate, I always expressed my real-thoughts. Ive received similar things in PMs and if I agree with the feedback I always say it. 7 cups is not perfect! It will never be, constructive feedback is very helpful to make it better! :)
Confess to us all, something we may not know about you!
Im a great cook! :)
If you had a magic wand for a day and you can only make 3 wishes, what will your 3 wishes be?
-End all sorts of discrimination, abuse and violence (Against people, animals and the earth)
-Have a sustainable planet
-Get 10 more wishes 
What you love the most about the teen side? (apart from being called old and young ;) )
The people :) Is not about the place but about who is there and what goes on! The Teens are very enthusiastic and fun :)
@Shelock asked: What does ambassador do over here?
Were Leaders in the community, each Ambassador does something different as we all focus on different areas/projects. So besides our own focuses and projects were involved in, we do general things like approving reviews/Q&As/badges, helping Listeners/Mentees/Members with questions related to the site/our projects, etc.
Now now now! This question requires some honesty ;) Which part of the site you enjoy to be active on more the teen or adult side!?
The Teen side. Adults are cool too! But I hangout more with the Teens and I like that :)
What is your wish for everyone living on this world?
I wish for everyone to feel happy (with the ups and downs that happiness involves!), loved and to archive their dreams and goals!
How do you relax after a busy day?
Good food + Netflix + yoga before bed :) If I can get to see a friend or my family thats a bonus point but rarely happens on week days.
@ZaraSmiles asked ages ago: What are your tips to balance 7Cups with outside life? (In essence, self-care)
-Dont spend too much time here, have other hobbies/activities, maintain a social life, do whatever you enjoy and helps you relax, laugh or feel good, do it often! :) And remember that 7 cups will be there safe and sound when you come back ;)
Which side do you feel is more challenging to deal with the teen or adult side?
I 100% think the adult side is more challenging. I haven't been to the adult side for a very, very long time. I'm a teen ambassador, so maybe I'm biased. Also I have been interacting with the teens for so long that I don't think I know how to talk to adults anymore. Plus, oldies are scary.
What is your dream job? if you already got a job what is your dream position to be?
Oh boy. I'm a theatre guy and I do props work (building things). Dream job: Props designer for horror movies! Wouldn't that be awesome? I love horror movies and the props for that would be incredible. I'm also a theatre teacher and I teach ages 5-18, which I really enjoy.
What is one thing that keeps you going every day?
I would say... my family. I live 5 hours away and in a different state than most of my family, so I rarely see or talk to them, but they are always on my mind. I have a very large family, with a lot of siblings, so there is always something going on. I just get excited when I think about the next time I will get to see them or hear from them. I also have some of the cutest nieces and nephews and sometimes they will video chat me and that's adorable. Also my cats.
What is your favourite thing to do for self care?
I'm a big gamer. Nerd alert here. I play a lot of video games and that is probably what I am doing 60% of the time (if I'm not working or eating). I also love watching reality TV shows and Hallmark movies. I do a lot. Most recently I have started running, which I have never done before in my life, so that has been interesting and has actually left me feeling really good about myself.
Which room do you love spending time in the most?
Teen Listeners or Teen Community Room. There are always good times in there. TL room is full of love and compassion and goofing off and it warms my heart to come into the room and be greeted by everyone and to see all the teens helping each other out. Teen Community Room is the same way - laughs, good people, support. I love it.
What inspired you to be a teen/adult listener?
I used to volunteer with other sites before 7 Cups (which was almost 3 years ago!) and those sites were becoming low-quality or disappearing altogether. I was visiting IMAlive.org one night and I noticed a link to 7 Cups. I clicked it and the rest is history. I have a degree in psychology and my current job is being a mental health coach, so it just kinda fell into place for me.
@Lyra asked (ages ago) If there was one thing you could change about 7 Cups, what would it be?
I would love if we had so many listeners online all the time that our wait time was never more than 1 minute. Ahhhh that would be nice. Also I wish I could magically know everyone on here. We have SO many awesome members and listeners and I feel like I only know 5% of you all. It makes me sad. :(
@Lyra also asked What's your number one favourite resource to give to mentees or new listeners?
Obvi my profile link. ;) I'm kidding (mostly). I try to introduce them to the listener support rooms if they haven't visited yet and just find them a listener buddy in general. The best resources are fellow listeners.
And one more from @Lyra was What do you think PB stands for/ What would you like it to stand for? (I have my suspicions, but I want to hear it from the top)
Every time I see it, I read it as "Peanut Butter". So I'm gonna stick with that.
@Mark5 Us oldies scary??
You haven't met the right oldies then, we're a friendly bunch! 

@Laura
Let's revive this as @Anomalia said! I'm game for questions <3
@Lee, questions submitted. 
I'll... Answer some eventually I promise
Let's bump this back up and answer some more questions! :D
What you love the most about the teen side? (apart from being called old and young ;) )
Hmmm....I love the teens for a ton of reasons! I think one of my favorite things about the teen side is how open it is, and I mean that in a couple of ways. First, I've always felt incredibly welcomed into the teen side and feel like you all are just such a warm group with open arms. Second, I think that the teens tend to be very open and honest about how they are feeling a lot more than the adults, and I appreciate that - I find it with my members and with other listeners, and I appreciate the earnestness and the candor in sharing emotions.
But also, most of the best nicknames come from the teen side! :D
Tagging in just a few of the teens I saw in TL recently. :) @RainbowAri @Sarra @Amy (who I will teach the forums to!) @SummertimeSamness @ApplePiney @ArwaS
If you had the chance to stay in chatroom all day, which room will it be?
I'm much more of a forum worm than a chatroom person, but I love the Teen Listeners room! And maybe one day I'll be brave enough to venture into some of the others. :)
If you had a magic wand for a day and you can only make 3 wishes, what will your 3 wishes be?
Hmm...I feel like there's a lot of pressure to make world-changing wishes here, but I think that's almost too easy to choose (world peace, end discrimination, solve world hunger), so let's go with three small wishes that would make my life extra awesome, but wouldn't have dramatic effects on the rest of the world
1. One extra day per week for myself (everyone else gets the usual 7, but I have a sneaky 8th one where I don't see anyone and just catch up on work, reading, sleeping, etc.)
2. A chance to peek forward and know if I end up with someone or not and roughly win (mostly so that I can make decisions about whether I want to have kids on my own or wait for a potential partner)
3. My football team gets to win the national championship! :D
What is the thought that keeps you going everyday?
I'm a strong and capable person and no matter what happens, I am well-equipped to deal with it.
Confess to us all, something we may not know about you!
Hmm...I tell a lot of people a lot of things, so what's something I haven't shared with anyone here...
I know! Instead of a confession, I'll let you hear my voice, since no one has heard me sing. If you have a song you would like to hear, comment on this and let me know and I'll pick my favorite (or the one that I'm most capable of singing - my voice isn't super high!) and post a vocaroo. :)
How do you feel when us teens call you young!?
Like I'm sneaky and getting away with something!
What is your best highschool memory? :)
It's hard to pick a best one. But one that's coming to mind right now is at the end of my senior year, there were these awards given out in band and because of some (ok a lot of) tension between me and the director (who I continue to believe is incompetent and played favorites rather than making decisions for the good of the group, but that's a whole other story), I didn't get any of them. I hadn't expected to, so I wasn't at all upset about it. But afterwards, the freshmen in my section who didn't understand the politics of it all swarmed me and asked why I hadn't gotten one because they all thought I deserved one and then made up a new award for me and gave it to me. That meant so much more because I was proud of my leadership of my section and it was amazing to have them be so supportive of me. :)
When is your birthday!?
I'm a Gemini baby
When you feel like giving up on everything, what do you usually do to feel better and to find hope back in life again?
I hug my stuffed animal, have a quick cry and then tell myself it's time to keep moving. My best technique for dealing with hard things is to figure out what the absolute worst case scenario is and how I would deal with that. Once I know that I can handle the worst, I can keep moving forward and work towards the best.
Did anyone ever provide with negative feedback, how did it deal with it? :)
I've received negative feedback in lots of areas of life - I think it's only natural if you work hard or are high achieving to get hit with some criticism or negative feedback from time to time, but if you're able to respond well, you can grow a ton and be WAY better for it. I always try to listen and discuss to make sure I understand exactly what the feedback is and then figure out a ) can/should I change something to fix it now? and b ) can/should I change something going forward? Then I let any bad feelings from it go and move forward with what I learned.
That's it for now! Keep submitting questions here if you want them answered by me or another ambassador!
Oh wow! Id forgotten about this thread and clearly its not used anymore but what great memories. Such a lovely little corner of the forums it really takes me back in time lol @pali @anomalia @laura
@Sarah -
How are you, lovely?
@Anomalia ❤️ Im very well thanks lovely, how are you. I have missed your wonderfulness