Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Kate Named one of The Mighty's Mental Health Hero of 2018!

User Profile: Laura
Laura January 4th, 2019

7 Cups is so proud to honor our own Kate Mallow, named a TheMighty Mental Health Hero of the Year, alongside Lady Gaga and Demi Lovato! Kate leads our Teen Community and social platforms, and we're thrilled for her to be nationally recognized for her dedication to our mission to make the world a more caring, empathetic place. Bravo, Kate

Check out the article here!

72
User Profile: Regmo
Regmo January 5th, 2019

@Kate Congratulations. I am happy for you. I'm sure you deserve it. Thank you for everything you do for 7 cups.

User Profile: helloKiwi4868
helloKiwi4868 January 5th, 2019

Congratulations @Kate! This is quite an honor!

User Profile: Erato
Erato January 5th, 2019

@Kate Congratulations, Kate! heart I couldn't agree more with the quotes about you stated in the article. I've never seen anyone as dedicated as you are with what you do as a teen and group support community manager. I love how you're able to balance everything and still find time for self-care! We're very proud of you!

@Tazzie stole the llama gif that I was gonna use :c Anyway, here's another one:

User Profile: TheCollisionCourse
TheCollisionCourse January 5th, 2019

@Laura

This is wonderful news! Great job, @Kate! The Cups community is super proud of you and so happy for you, you're absolutely amazing!

You've put in the work, now time to reap the rewards-many, many congratulations!

User Profile: AnyaS
AnyaS January 5th, 2019

So incredibly proud of you, you are so deserving of this, your teen llamas are very happy for you! heart

@Kate

User Profile: FloralWildflower
FloralWildflower January 5th, 2019

That is a fantastically huge achievement and will look absolutely incredible on your CV!

Congratulations Kate, and well done on all of the good work that you are doing! Keep it up!

laughyesheart

You may feel invisible at times or as though you don't fit in, or that your work doesn't make any difference. But I can promise you, the biggest offer (sometimes sacrifice) you can make is to give up your spare time to help another person in crisis, and make such a difference in their life, no matter how big or small your offer is.

When you put yourself in that person's shoes and imagine yourself re-experiencing the horrors, and hard times they have been through and will continue to face without help... and then imagine a wand being waved and it all going away, because YOU have given them insight, knowledge, assistance, power, and their dignity and human rights back... that is an incredibly big thing.

You save lives.

Death is not always the worst thing.
The worst thing is living your whole life, never feeling life.

You save lives.

User Profile: Pidge2
Pidge2 January 6th, 2019

@Kate

This is amazing! Congrats for such an achievement🎉<3

2 replies
User Profile: Erato
Erato January 6th, 2019

@Pidge2 Fixed your typo! c:

1 reply
User Profile: Pidge2
Pidge2 January 6th, 2019

@Erato

ahah thank you sm!

load more
load more
User Profile: fluffyUnicorns84
fluffyUnicorns84 January 6th, 2019

@Kate You make this unicorn proud <3, I know how much hard work you put into being a mental health hero not just here but in every day life! I am so glad you joined here and we shared the journey together.

User Profile: strawberrywillow
strawberrywillow January 6th, 2019

Congratulations, Kate! Way to go. yes

User Profile: Moosepotato123
Moosepotato123 January 6th, 2019

Yay! Congratulations Kate! Keep being awesome!