Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

self care! : why do you think self-care is important to you?

User Profile: KatieTheWingedOne
KatieTheWingedOne February 19th, 2021

Image result for

Self care can be listening to your heart ♥ your own needs and wants

10
User Profile: EvelyneRose
EvelyneRose February 19th, 2021

@KatieTheBigRockOne

Self care is important because it helps us recharge!

1 reply
User Profile: KatieTheWingedOne
KatieTheWingedOne OP February 20th, 2021

@EvelyneRose Thankyou for that answer, it's incredibly true. Self care can help up recharge and feel replenished 💙

load more
User Profile: midnightsmarie
midnightsmarie February 20th, 2021

self-care is important to me because it reminds me that I am a person who sometimes needs care as well, just as I care about other people. it helps me to return to who I really am, what I really want to be. a lot of the times, life is just passing me by and it doesn't feel easy to catch a break so when I hear "self-care" it helps me slow down because no matter at what pace I am living my life, life is going to go on... as it always has. so while I am living and planning to have a good time here, why not slow down and see if the person that I am in that moment is happy, is satisfied and truly okay :)

1 reply
User Profile: KatieTheWingedOne
KatieTheWingedOne OP February 21st, 2021

@lumieremilkyway Thankyou for this incredibly in depth answer :) self-care truly can slow you down and remind you you deserve care, love and attention too. Helping yourself is just as important as helping others. It's wonderful to see how beautifully important self-care is, i enjoyed how in depth and personal you view it to be ❤️

load more
User Profile: TheAutumnWitch
TheAutumnWitch February 28th, 2021

@KatieTheBigRockOne

Why do you think self-care is important to you?

Self-care is important to me because as much as I want to help my loved ones, I need to make sure that I'm stable enough first. I would like to think that much in how I want to see them happy and thriving, they would want to see me the same way. We can back each other up in that instance, but we can't do so if we don't have the energy for it. At the end of the day, the one who is always with me is myself...and thus, I have to care about and for myself. heart

Thanks for the discussion!

1 reply
User Profile: KatieTheWingedOne
KatieTheWingedOne OP April 2nd, 2021

@TheAutumnWitch Thankyou so much for this reply 💙i really agree with your ideas, you cannot help others without being well in yourself. Truly at the end of it all it is you who are always with yourself, it's good to care for yourself

I hope you're taking good care through it all :)

load more
March 8th, 2021

Because of years of being mean to myself I'm finally learning that being kind gets you farther than being cruel.

1 reply
User Profile: KatieTheWingedOne
KatieTheWingedOne OP April 2nd, 2021

@GildedWings it's hard to hear how hard you've been on yourself but you've got through it and you've learnt 💙 truly being kind gets us further than cruelty ever could. You deserve self love and self care

I hope you're doing well!

load more
April 3rd, 2021

@KatieTheBigRockOne

Self Care is extremely important but still we often forget to care for ourselves. You really cannot care for others unless you know how to care for yourself. Many times I feel it's difficult to support others when I am not at my best and it feels like what I am supposed to say them when I Myself don't know how to care for myself and my own needs. We all talk about taking care of ourselves but are we really doing it? Self care is important but also difficult to bring it into execution!

Self Care is saying NO to the things which you are not ready to deal with (it can be other people needs or anything else). Life gets so busy and it seems like time flies too fast, we get caught up solving other people issues, helping them and supporting them. Or maybe we get busy with our work life and we often get time to do the things we used to love it can be our hobbies, maybe reconnecting with old friends and Staying with Positive People who will encourage us and will support us when we need some space for ourselves. ❤️

We all have different ways how we take care of ourselves but remember that nothing comes first before your own well-being and learn to say NO to the things which you are not ready to deal with.

take care of yourself and your own needs first! ❤️

1 reply
User Profile: KatieTheWingedOne
KatieTheWingedOne OP April 9th, 2021

I absolutely love your reply, thankyou so much for going into depth with your answer 💙self cares importance is definitely relevant to all of our wellbeings but true it can be quite hard to execute and follow through at times!

I think learning to say no to things that may cause harm or overexert ourselves is incredibly important to not overworking and overwhelming ourselves, your reccomendations are great ways to both spread care and take care of ourselves, when we begin to work together as a community self care can become better too :)

load more