Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What's a quote that helps you through the hard days?

User Profile: ChassyMom
ChassyMom November 6th, 2018

Share a quote with me. I want to know what pulls you through the hard days if you are in recovery,or what makes you feel you have the strength to recover. Everyone has something different that gives them strength and power to take control of their lives. What's yours?

You dont get over an addiction by stopping using. You recover by creating a new life where it is easier to not use. If you dont create a new life, then all the factors that brought you to your addiction will catch up with you again.

@dancingstrawberry34 , @Jenna, @piercetheaiden @PenguinPower31 @lovelyWhisper66, @VinylFly, @InternalAcceptance, @MarshmaIIows, @ChassyMom, @HereComesTheSun7,

@onedirection1213

@IndigoRoses @resourcefulPond1641 @Cashew16 @BeTheChangeYouWant @serenak @greenNectarine3734 @iwant2change @InternalAcceptance @roseMelody95 @ImaMaia @Ang0825

29
User Profile: lovelyWhisper66
lovelyWhisper66 November 7th, 2018

@ChassyMom Thanks for starting this remarkable thread! Nice quote too; it definitely embodies addiction and how perserverance is vital.

User Profile: HereComesTheSun7
HereComesTheSun7 November 8th, 2018

@ChassyMom I'll share one of my favorite quotes^^

"The mystery of who's story it will be. Of who draws the curtain. Who is it that chooses our steps in the dance? Who drives us mad, lashes us with whips and crowns us with victory when we survive the impossible? Who is it that does all these things? Who honours those we love with the very life we live? Who sends monsters to kill us and at the same time sings that we will never die?
Who teaches us whats real and how to laugh at lies? Who decides why we live and what we'll die to defend? Who chains us? And who holds the key that can set us free?

It's you.
You have all the weapons you need.
Now fight.
"

1 reply
User Profile: ChassyMom
ChassyMom OP November 9th, 2018

@HereComesTheSun7. Ohh....goose bumps...thank you so much!

load more
User Profile: FindingPeaceWithin1
FindingPeaceWithin1 November 11th, 2018

"once you hit rock bottom the only way to go is up" that's one that I always remind myself

User Profile: sympatheticPineapple1858
sympatheticPineapple1858 November 11th, 2018

F.L.Y. First Love Yourself. Others will come next.

User Profile: ChassyMom
ChassyMom OP November 11th, 2018

You all are amazing posting to this! Keep them coming. I'm saving all of them to remind me hard times don't last!!

#addiction

User Profile: carefulScarf8241
carefulScarf8241 November 12th, 2018

@ChassyMom

Feelings are not facts. -- This remindes me that everyone takes situsations differently and I need to step out and rethink the event.

1 reply
User Profile: ChassyMom
ChassyMom OP November 12th, 2018

@carefulScarf8241

This is a brilliant one! Thank you!

load more
User Profile: Zephirine
Zephirine November 21st, 2018

This one's from J.K Rowling and I think it's comforting and empowering in so many ways :

"Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life."

1 reply
User Profile: AKsoftheart
AKsoftheart June 3rd, 2019

@Zephirine Whoa... What an amazing statement! I instantly feel so grounded. So strong. I'm keeping this in my wallet and posting it several places for me and others to see. I can't thank you enough for sharing this! Have a beautiful day!!!😊

User Profile: boomeranger
boomeranger November 27th, 2019

@Zephirine this is one of the best quotes ever. thanks

load more
User Profile: lovelyWhisper66
lovelyWhisper66 January 17th, 2019

User Profile: powerfulLemon9315
powerfulLemon9315 January 17th, 2019

It can't rain all the time. -The Crow

User Profile: Jackie
Jackie January 17th, 2019

Be good, if it all fails, eat chocolate.

I see humor in my everyday downfalls. Sometimes all I need is to sit and just have a moment to myself. *while eating chocolate.

1 reply
User Profile: ColoursOfTheRainbow
ColoursOfTheRainbow November 16th, 2019

@Jackie so nice

load more