Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Porn/sex/erotica stories addiction.. anyone else?

User Profile: SouthernCharm515
SouthernCharm515 March 30th

Been addicted to porn, sex ,and erotica stories.  Also very explicit role-playing chats or texts.  Was clean about 6 months but it's getting very hard to not relapse.

Talked to a listener here last night and made it another day free but it's another lonely night ...

5
User Profile: Shubhdrew
Shubhdrew March 30th

@SouthernCharm515 mainly the reason for this is being lonely, it would be better if you would spend some time in some other activities like playing digital games, movies etcs

User Profile: trueconfidant123
trueconfidant123 March 30th

@SouthernCharm515

Hey there. It's brave of you to admit your addictions openly. Porn, erotica, explicit roleplaying is found enticing mainly due to the temporary stimulus it provides you. You've already linked it to loneliness. Other reasons can be taboo association and shame, excessive free time, dopamine trigger, etc. leading to an individual going about digital escapades. You start living a double life if you fail to control or restrict. 

You can try app/site blockers, app timers, locking away your device at the time you usually indulge, improve sleeping habits, always be around people and avoid being to yourself if that's possible. If nothing works, consulting a professional regarding addiction management and mitigation is also worth considering. 

It's a fight against yourself. No one likes to engage in activities that undermine your mental or physical health. The prospect of momentary pleasure however, beats the purpose of a mindful living. It's you who can turn it around. Take it one day at a time.

User Profile: amiableNest1078
amiableNest1078 April 2nd

@SouthernCharm515

Hello, how you're holding up those days? 

I'm new here, and will comment on your post because i suffer from the exact same thing (really, my problem are exactly yours) 

I'll tell you this... Being lonely is not about being with nobody. Trust me, I'm a family man, and my family will grow more, and those last couple months I'm felling really lonely, in fact, husband and father of two generally are the most lonely people out there, probably (and acoording to some studies that I dont remember where I saw)...

Anyway. This addiction consume your thoughts and messep up with your hormones and brain. We can talk more here if you want to share a little more. 

Some things calm my thoughts those days. And the first thing that we need to do is undesrtand this addction. I don't if you're like me, if you looked on how this works on us, i had. If you dont had, read the book "Your brain on porn" and "Wired for Intimacy", i believe that will help.

User Profile: theboywithhope
theboywithhope June 19th

YOU made it to 6 months!!!! Don’t quit

Same

I've been struggling with same stuff

Porn, ai chat bots

Otome games

Erotic manhwa

Damn it's hard, you try and after some time you go back again as if your progress was for nothing

It hurts a lot to see going back to how you were