My boyfriend quitting drugs ruined my relationship
Hey everyone.
I came to this thread because I figured more people could help me.
Im torn all to pieces. My boyfriend has smoke marijuana heavily for a long time. He has been very addicted and used it as a crutch to not deal with his emotions. He finally moved away from here and his friends so that he could quit for himself and for our relationship.
Well he left Friday and things were fine and Saturday he woke up and sabotaged and destroyed everything. Suddenly I went from being his everything to him not caring about me. Doesnt want anything to do with me. He quit cold turkey.
I am giving him space but Im not sure I will even ever talk to him again. We were together for over two years and planned to move away together after Im done with school. He left because he said he couldnt be what I need while hes here and smoking weed all the time and he wanted to have a life with me.
How can everything just go away overnight?
@Alwaystired
Your confusing them I didn't read anywhere that they typed that says I pushed my boyfriend or anything else please try to be a bit more supporting that's why their here thank you
When people smoke or take any form of drug for long periods of time months or years and constantly smoke or take drugs all the time it dose do damage to the body and the brain cells it can even alter and change the person's emotions and physical form and change there personality but there also in control of there own body and emotional state since he went cold Turkey his mind is all over the place and now his body is changing for better or worse we all wouldn't know that for sure just try to be patient taletake one day at a time and leave him be yes I know its easier said then done but you'll have to try for the sake for both of you we know you didn't make him or force him onto changing he done that himself well done for him to give up the nasty stuff but its not easy especially when drugs change your body and your mind alters after so long now its up to him to find which path to take just give him space alright that's all you can do when someone has gone cold Turkey hope this helped if not I'm sorry all the best and good luck
@BrightRedFlower2322 yeah I quit talking to him. Im going to the beach so Im going to try to have fun and just focus on me. Really sad and disappointed because it was his idea to go and he was so excited last Friday. Then he woke up Saturday and didnt want me anymore.
@BrightRedFlower2322 thank you
@arb7s
Your very welcome
Glad you are looking after yourself that's important to take time out and have some time for yourself to relax and unwind especially what your going through it's not easy to feel unwanted I know what that is like but still try to ignore him and focus on you that's the best thing right now have fun with family friend's and unwind at the beach go have fun with lots of smiles and laughter will do you good don't let things drag you down stand your ground :) good luck 😃
@BrightRedFlower2322 I've had a similar experience with my ex too and your message really helped. Thanks ❤️
@Listeningabyss
Your welcome I'm glad my message helped you always remember your strong don't let others pull and drag you down you have a right to stand your ground :)
If he was on it for awhile going cold turkey may be affecting his system and he's going through withdrawl. This could be a temporary thing and he's trying to sort himself out. How he's doing it may not be appropriate.
It could also be he recognizes that you're a part of something he deosn't want to be, anymore. If he quit he may have decided that a change was needed and unfortunately that also includes you.
In any case, it sounds like he needs to go sort himself out. And there's not a lot you can do as this is something he needs to do himself. Good luck.
@arb7s
Ehhh reading just the top part of this i could relate cause an ex and i use to do drugs heavily together and when we sobered up and it killed our relationship. He says its not being sober but that it is this or that but he fails to relaize that those things he is blaming was only able to be the way they was cause of us being high together... and even tho we was both heavily fucked up all the time it was prob the best relationship ive ever had... or just a long stretchy of some really amazing drugs lol hard to say.
@Angelbaby4u
Angel?