Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

High sex drive is playing havoc with me

User Profile: COnverse539
COnverse539 June 20th, 2022

I (25m) have had a very high sex drive for a long time now and over the years it has begun to wear away at me. Not only is it causing distraction but because I am completely unfulfilled sexually it has added to my depression and loneliness. I quit porn 6 months ago with little impact so I'm wondering if there was a way to reduce or completely get rid of my sex drive

13
User Profile: Terraforming
Terraforming July 17th, 2022

Wow, you have quit porn for 6 months? You’re a better man than I, as I am genuinely struggling. I have very high sex drive as well. What is interesting is that a few years ago I was put on some medications for anxiety and one of the side effects was complete disinterest in sex. A month where I had no desires at all. I think for some people it may be their only way to get relief, and I genuinely will be looking into that again.

User Profile: walkalot
walkalot July 17th, 2022

Sex drive is normal and you need to learn to manage it just like any other desire. It’s okay to fulfill it either by self pleasure, fantasy, or sex (with consent, of course), but you can also balance it by developing hobbies and other interests. This could be reading, exercise, cooking, exploring, music, language… a well balanced life with multiple interests will help you not to be consumed by one desire.

3 replies
User Profile: COnverse539
COnverse539 OP July 18th, 2022

@walkalot the problem I have is that I don’t have many interests to try and distract myself and often the urges overpower my attempts to suppress them

3 replies
User Profile: walkalot
walkalot July 19th, 2022

@COnverse539

i will suggest one, maybe it help. Read the book called The Novel Cure

3 replies
User Profile: COnverse539
COnverse539 OP July 19th, 2022

@walkalot this might be the wrong attitude but I really don’t get much out of books especially self help books, I’m not a big reader at all so I can’t see myself getting anything out of this

3 replies
User Profile: walkalot
walkalot July 26th, 2022

@COnverse539

what solutions have you tried?

what solutions have other people suggested?

1 reply
User Profile: COnverse539
COnverse539 OP July 26th, 2022

@walkalot I’ve tried to quit porn and pinch myself when I feel urges. Nobody has suggested anything really, most people just say that my sex drive is fine even though I’ve told them it’s not and it’s making me miserable

load more
User Profile: walkalot
walkalot July 27th, 2022

@COnverse539

there are solutions. you need to widen your box a little. Look online for things about managing behavior and changing habits, don’t focus on the sex drive. I’m sure there are several potential solutions. You already did the first step, so you’re on the way.

load more
load more
load more
load more
User Profile: Torean
Torean July 20th, 2022

@COnverse539

Ugh, I wish I knew a suggestion, but you're definitely not alone. People think always having a high sex drive is a good thing, but living with it 24/7 is not easy.

User Profile: MoonLightXAngel
MoonLightXAngel July 27th, 2022

So I have bit of a high sex drive myself and I also have a friend with the same problem. Both of us scorpios born 3 days apart. One thing I can suggest is exercise. it'll take some time to have an effect but every little bit helps. Still proud of how long you managed to kick the porn habit for. So hang in there you got this!