i need help to stop my porn/masturbation addiction
Hello there. My name is jacob and im here looking for help with my addictions. Ive been addicted for about 4 years and ive been trying hard to stop. Recently i went 2 months clean without porn, but not masturbation. Ive only gone 1 week ever without masturbating. The sad part is that ive kinda given up on stopping. Ive lost my motivation nd i just feel empty and wasted. I dont know who to go to or what i can to to stop, but im hoping some of you can help me. So if you have any advice, words of motivation, or resources, please tell me. The main resource im looking for is a 24/7 porn addiction help'website with chat and all. So please help!
hi, i'm riviera and i have "the' addtion and i want it to stop. i can't go 3 days with out one
Hello! I understand your pain and frustration on this! My advice to you is this: Start out small. Start off by maybe only doing it every other day for a week, then add on another day, and another day, and keep on adding 1 day as the weeks go by. When you get to being a week clean, start then by adding on 1 week, then another week, and hopefully make it to a month and so on. Thats the main idea of it and i know its helped me! So i hope it helps you as well! I wish you the best of luck on stopping! And remember, never give up, and nothing is impossible!
I know lately ive had a hard time stopping! Its hard seeing all your hard work just go to waste! But sometimes you just gotta get back up and try again! Ive just about given up a lot of times because it almost seems like an impossible feat to beat! All i can do though is have hope that oneday i will get rid of my addiction and oneday i can look back and say "wow! I am so proud of myself"! So when you fall, get back up! Keep fighting! The addiction is not in charge of your life! Your in charge of the addiction! Keep fighting and keep working on stopping! You will reach the victory! "The victory isnt when the mouth of the lions are shut. The victory is when you make it out alive!" I heard this qoute from someone that really impacted my life! This qoute is so true! God will deliver you from this! Just pray and God will give you strengh! He WILL help you!
Hi Jacob, how are you today.
I read your story here, and I share partial of my experience on this. I have been there, somehow addicted on porn and I must watch it daily, for a while, it has been a pattern. To be honest, I was panic once, I tried to stop but even getting worse sometimes.
Lately I figured out, that an addicting behavior maybe due to your mind system wanted to release secure messages to you. I am not a researcher or a scientist, this is purely my guess. Why? For some time I can get rid of this pattern, when: I do double work out than usual, I feel exhausted, then I don't want to review that pattern; or, that day has been extremely busy; or, that day I was with a group of people hanging out and do not have chance to think about go into that pattern. So I would suggest, if you can try to establish a new hobby that you used to interested in.
As for the rewarding system, personally I think sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't work. Your girlfriend maybe just hates your behavior, so she punished you. It might not be a good idea, there is a risk your communication may have a gap. If you could try to communicate her about "whether you have any sexuality fancies that you potentially wanted her to satisfy you", that might help. I am serious, this is something that very hard to explain. Being honest to yourself is very important here. I tried to communicate with my partner and she gets it, during those days, things were much more better. Oh, the communication is really difficult going through, you'd have to be patient.
Then there will be moments it gets worst, when: traveling alone, depression (I am suffering in depression regularly), too much happened in a day which I cannot process, etc. Those days I watch porn more than "usual scale of the addicting". One day I suddenly get scared of myself that - Jesus, why I have to waste so much time on this meaningless thing? Then I tried to do other things to distract myself and try to feel secure. Like I will check my phone book and have a long chat with some friends. This way works better than I force myself to forget it.
Hope helps.
Replace the addition with something else. Maybe go to her to satisfy yourself or get stress relief. You might have to try a bit harder, you need to get her going but at least if you do, it wont be called masterbation anymore. ;)
@diligentStrings2354
I hear you man. I've been struggling with the same thing, although for a while now. I discovered online porn when I was about 12-13 and have been off and on with it ever since. Quitting cold turkey can be an absolute bitch.
I've been trying nofap, although it is hard to keep a streak. My longest has been 2 weeks.
I'm not sure if this will help, but this is what I plan on doing: keep a chart with you, like a pocket notebook, and log the days you go without masturbating, looking at porn, etc. I'm also going to use it to control the amount of gaming that I do, so I use little anotations like NVG, which stands for No Video games for that day.
This is something new I'm trying, so give it a try if you want, but take my advice with a grain of salt. Not everyone's problems are equal, so you may have to come up with something else.
Fist bump.
@diligentStrings2354
Thank you for sharing your story. It can't be easy and I commend you for that. My husband is currently addicted and it has ruined our marriage. His addiction began and then he eventually ended up cheating on my about 5 months ago. I feel so broken and ugly, fat, etc. It's hard not to take something like his porn addiction personally. Any wives with any pointers on how to get past this would be much appreciated!
Try to avoid anything that tempts you
Okay, first of all, I am in a relationship with a porn/sex addict and have been for 1.5 years. He is wonderful. He struggles. I get that. Took me a long time to not take it personally. The limbic system in our brain, the "primative brain," is responsible for this addition, via Dopamine and DeltaFosB. It messes up your reward system, and ultimately gets you into the grasp of addiction, the same as heroin or coke addicts, food addicts or addicted gamblers. I urge you to go to www.yourbrainonporn.com and going the NoFap community on Reddit.
You will withdraw from no porn use, just as you will or would with ANY other addiction. Why? Because you are reseting your reward system, helping your synapses return to their normal dopamine receptor levels, and basically re-wiring your brain back to the "normality" of emotional and physical intimacy.You will go through what is called the "Flatline," which is where all Libido stops, and you could care less about anything and everything related to sex. You won't get morning erections for a while and intimacy with your partner, for some, won't be possible until your Dopamine levels return to a normal level, and DeltaFosB is out of your system (typically 6-8 weeks).
I would also suggest to not masturbate, edge or anything during this time. If you get touched, it's to use the bathroom or our lady does it. This will also help regulate you normally, and for some, faster. Some men find it beneficial to try to be with their partners during this time, while others find it makes them want to relapse. Find what works for YOU. Intimacy, not just sexual, with your lady is especially helpful. Kissing, hugging and cuddling are HIGHLY encouranged. Over time you will find you get aroused again by ONLY that, and pretty soon will find your "morning wood" will return as well as your libido. IT TAKES TIME AND PATIENCE. On both yours AND your gf's part.
For her. She does NOT need to have a "punishment" system for you. your recovery is punishment enough, and she isn't the dictator in your relationship. Her position is to love, support, want you and cultivate intimacy with you whenever possible. NOT scorn, punish or put you down.
You may have flashes of porn in your mind. Trouble sleeping. Sweating. Fast heartrate. Intense urges. IT IS NORMAL. It's withdrawal. It's also in your brain, NOT in your pants. Remembering that helps my Fiance a lot. your brain is a powerful tool. Arousal starts there. So does liking or loving something. Don't view anything you feel is considered or related to porn. Do not masturbate. Do not fantasize if you can help it. When you're with your gf, do not fantasize about her or porn...be IN the moment. Feel how your body feels to be with HER. Being present is super helpful.
I hope this has helped....message me anytime if you want to. I'm right there with you. My Fiance is terrific and we're getting married next month. He is a fighter and you can be too. 
https://www.fightthenewdrug.com
Check out this site as well. My Fiance and I are both members. He says the newsletters and updates help keep him motivated. This is the site that started his journey before we met. He has been struggling for about 15 years.